Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp/vista Won't Share Ics

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 marbles333

marbles333

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 28 December 2007 - 12:52 PM

I've a crossover network between an XP Home SP2 PC and Vista Home Premium, and just cracked file sharing between the two.
However, no matter how hard I try, sharing of my broadband internet connection from the PC to the Vista laptop does not want to work.

I've got the Internet connection set up to be shared on the local network, and went through the Network Setup Wizard in XP. The TCP/IP protocols are enabled in both ends of the LAN connection.

I've read some other previous topics of networking Vista and XP and all of which have helped, except ICS.

Additionally today, I can see my XP PC on the Vista network folder, but not the Vista in the XP My Network Places, despite both being in the same workgroup and disabling firewall. I mapped the network drive to B:\ on the XP machine, which is still working, but the computer itself is not appearing in XP's My Network Places.

its annoying me much!!

Edited by marbles333, 28 December 2007 - 12:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 31 December 2007 - 01:22 PM

you could always try typing the vistas computer name in the My Computer Address bar. In Example:

Say your vista machine is named "VISTA". In the "ADDRESS Bar" of the My Computer, you can type "\\VISTA". This will allow you to see any shares that PC has. You could also do the same thing with IP Addresses. Such as if the Vista machine has an IP address of "192.168.1.15", you could type in "\\192.168.1.15" and it will lead you to the same place.

Give this a try and see if it helps.

BOO VISTA

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users