Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking For A Good Digital Tv.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 zone22

zone22

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 28 December 2007 - 12:28 PM

MB...... Looking For A Good Digital Tv Tuner

Christmases has rolled around and I have a little bit of extra money. I have an antenna and nearly all the channels are high definition digital.My budget is a maximum of 120$ PREFERABLY less. PVR is a must. I'm not looking for a memory stick[like] tuner. Internal PCI or external. onboard encoding. In the past I've had some bad experiences with Hauppauge they have terrible software and their drivers are well pretty crummy. I've also heard that ATI cards have driver problems.

computer specs
Operating System: XP Professional
Mainboard: A8N32-SLI-Deluxe
video card: 8800 GTX
processor: dual core AMD 4400 at 2.419Ghz
ram: 2 GB

I looked around on the Internet for reviews but haven't found much, quite a few of them are from 2005.
A few cards I've looked at

Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 MCE 1183WB NSTC/ATSC/QAM/FM Tuner w/MCE Remote PCI Interface
I won't buy a Hauppauge unless I can find some good software to replace what it ships with.

ATI TV Wonder 650 HDTV TV Tuner PCI PVR

another thing to consider is this the right time to buy?

I'm not that good with the detailed specs on TV tuner's. HVR? I have a general idea of what I should be looking for but not much beyond that.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Edited by zone22, 28 December 2007 - 12:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users