Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Anyone know a good web hosting provider?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Skalek_*

Guest_Skalek_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 April 2004 - 08:11 AM

I am looking for a web host provder. Nothing fancy, just something that I can store my pictures on. THey have to be fast and giv eme a lot of bandiwdth.

anyone have any recommendation?

Thanks

Skalek

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_MrSnausage_*

Guest_MrSnausage_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 April 2004 - 10:32 AM

We use Thorn Communications in New York City. They have been great with us and we pretty much have as much bandwidth as we need as long as we dont abuse it.

Their website is http://www.thorn.net

#3 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2004 - 06:55 PM

Just pictures?
PhotoBucket
Actual hosting?
Time Host

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

#4 jongleur

jongleur

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2004 - 09:00 PM

http://free.hostdepartment.com

They're free and pretty stable. For web site use, they are close to the best, no banners or pop-ups or ads. They do allow outside image linking... at least for right now Someone told me that angle fire also allows image linking, not a lot of bandwidth though.

Hope this helps.

Jongleur

#5 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 16 April 2004 - 11:48 AM

Hey raw, thanks for the link to Photobucket. My cousin just got sent to Iraq & he's wanting to email some photos. Don't know how many he wants to send, but if it's a bunch I'm going to get him to set up an account. Looks like it's easier & quicker to get going than FTP--at least it's easier for me & quicker for him. :thumbsup:

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

#6 hawkwinddotcom

hawkwinddotcom

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 02 May 2004 - 04:19 PM

My son ahs just signed up via http://www.streamlinenet.co.uk/ it cost 52 for the year for unlimited user.

Although they have just written to him telling him 50gb a day transfer is too much,,, you dont say!!

His site if your interested is about slipknot (the iowa group) My sons slipknot site

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users