Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems With Burning Dvds.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fireflame88

fireflame88

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 28 December 2007 - 04:56 AM

I know this may sound silly. But im actually havin problems with burning a dvd. Im using window Xp and a samsung dvd writer.
Well ive been tryin to burn dvds but it doesnt work. I try to burn manually by goin to my computers and clicking on the cd-com drive.
But it doesnt work. I try to use the program, nero but also failed. I was wondering what the problem could be. Could it be because my cd-com is malfunctioning already? Thanks for the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,820 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:32 AM

Check Event Viewer for related data reflecting errors, What is the Event Viewer, and Should I Care - Ask Leo! - http://ask-leo.com/what_is_the_event_viewe...uld_i_care.html

What version of Nero are you using?

Do you have any other indications that something may be wrong with your "cd-com"? I hope that you meant your DVD-burner :thumbsup:.

What model Samsung burner is it, please?

Louis

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,001 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:31 AM

What kind of drive is this, SATA or IDE?

If it is an IDE how do you have it connected, is it sharing a IDE cable with another device with both jumpers set properly?

Does the drive show up in the device manager without any yellow notations?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 fireflame88

fireflame88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:29 PM

im using nero 7 essential.

I cant remember the model already. But the thing is i still can write normal cds with it. i can still create normal cd-r with it. i just cant use it to burn dvds or raed those that ive burn before.

Whereas izzit SATA or IDE. im not sure. Im not very tech savvy. Im quite bad at computers actually. Tink i need to go for classes or sth.

Thanks for your guys help btw.

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:54 AM

Some things you can try:
  • Reinstall Nero.
  • Use the fix given on this Microsoft page.
  • Clean the laser using one of those drive cleaning kits.
  • Open the Device Manager (Start > Run > type "devmgmt.msc"). Locate the CD/DVD drive, right click on it and select "Uninstall". After it has uninstalled reboot the computer (it will be automatically reinstalled).

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users