Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need New Graphics Card

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pofrot

pofrot

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 28 December 2007 - 12:38 AM

Hi guys ive got this motherboard
http://www.giga-byte.co.uk/Products/Mother...?ProductID=2206
What i want is tips on a 512MB graphics card.
I play a lot off games also, and mostly eve-online which is very demanding on a machine especially now that they have a new graphics patch out that is awesome.
Do i got for ATii or Nvidia boards, seeing as this is a Nvidia board??

Any advise will be highly appreciated.

This is what i run atm
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
2GB Ram
ATi 256Mb card

Cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Lucky23

Lucky23

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 28 December 2007 - 02:17 AM

you can use ATI or Nvidia. The 8800 series is the best out right now
Centurion 5 Case~GA-P35-DS3L Rev2.0~E6550~EVGA 8800GS~3GB GSkill~Cooler Master 650 PRO~Seagate 320GB SATA II~ 2 ASUS 20X Burners~Sound Blaster Audigy SE~ZeroTherm CF900~Acer 22" P221W

#3 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 28 December 2007 - 04:55 AM

The 8800 series is a good video card but you will not unleash the full potential of the card running the board you have. Also if you plan to upgrade your card you may have to all so look at your Power supply. Min would be a 500-600w.
But then if you plan a full upgrade in the next 6 months or so your card will be only a mid range and your P/S will not cut it with the new boards coming out.
What is the ATI card specs, it may be a low end card, I run a 7900GT which runs Call of Duty 4 in medium to high settings.
MCP
MSDST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users