Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help: Windows Xp Amd Athlon Dual-core Desktop Startup Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hoover442000

Hoover442000

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:15 PM

Hi, I have a Acer desktop computer, it runs windows xp, and is a dual-core
it just started recently, where when it starts up it goes to a:

blank screen that say's ACER in the middle, and on the left bottom corner it says:
DEL. Enter setup F12

It stays like that forever, and will not move from that page. Even if I hit F12.
If I hold in the power button, to turn it off, and then turn it on, after acouple oftimes it will go through, and go to the normal desktop, nd runs normally.

Any idea's why i does this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,713 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 28 December 2007 - 02:08 AM

Have you made any changes recently?

Look in the Event Viewer and see what kind of errors are showing at these times.

Start> right click on My Computer> Manage> Event Viewer. When Event Viewer open double click on System. The columns are titled, in the column titled Type is where you will find the error symbol, it is a red dot with a white X in it. If you see one follow it across to the Event column where you will see the error code. If you right click on that and the properties a definition of the error will appear. Please post both the error codes and definitions for the first couple different errors.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Hoover442000

Hoover442000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2007 - 04:36 AM

The only change I can think of is I installed a game called rappelz last monday, I havn't started it yet though. I will check the event veiwer when I get home, and check it.

#4 McStick

McStick

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 28 December 2007 - 01:48 PM

Hi,
I have heard that problems like this can be caused by static electricity. (Sounds wierd!) Is it sitting on a carpet or wooden floor?

This used to happen to my computer as well, and that's what I was told.

#5 Hoover442000

Hoover442000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:16 PM

Here is the error message, there are two:
error code is: 20 Definition is: where windows failed to install office xp service pack 3

for that one, I couldn't finish the update because I couldn't find the cd it was asking me for to finsh it.

The secound one is code: 7034, and the description is: The Nivida display driver service termintated unexpectantly. It has done the 1 time(s)

Hope that helps

Our floor is wood, but the desktop is about 1 1/2in. above the floor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users