Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why Does Nvidia Control Panel Make Spooler Subsystem App Connect To Internet?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bloomcounty

bloomcounty

• Members
  • 672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:42 PM

When I open the Nvidia Control Panel by double-clicking in Windows Control Panel, something called Spooler Subsystem App tries to connect to the internet (spoolsv.exe is the program) and it is added to the ZA Program Control. I've blocked it every time, but I'm wondering what the deal is...

I've been told it has something to do with a printer over on the ZA board (though I don't have one connected to my laptop yet), but I don't see the connection between Nvidia control panel and a printer...? So I wanted to get a second opinion...

This IP info is from the Entry Detail in ZA (there was no Desination IP listed in the log itself, except for first one below, that had two entries for "New Program" in the log and actually listed that Destination IP as Port 53).

216.239.51.91: DNS (This shows as Google.)
192.149.252.44: DNS (This shows as American Registry for Internet Numbers.)
69.26.187.34: DNS (This shows as Xeex.)

I never allowed access and all attempts were blocked (as far as I know).

So to sum up, I double click Nvidia control panel, spooler subsystem app (spoolsv.exe) tries to connect to the internet, and I block it.

Any idea what's going on here and if I need to be concerned about this?

Thanks!
My stats: Windows XP Home SP2; Firefox 3.0.14 w/ Ad-Block Plus; IE 6.0 (used only for monthly Windows Critical Updates); ZoneAlarm 6.1.744.001 Free; AVG 8.5 A/V Free; SuperAntispyware Free 4.28.1010

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users