Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vundo/winfixer Question Regarding Renamed Exes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 leo77

leo77

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 27 December 2007 - 08:45 PM

Greetings,

Thank you for all the work you do on this site. My computer was infected with winfixer according to SuperAntiSpyware, however it was not able to remove it. Following instructions from this site, I dowloaded VundoFixe which detected its presence and removed it. However, it kept coming back. I ran ComboFix, SmitFraudfix, HijackThis. Same result. Even when running in safe mode, and the infected files were gone, as soon as I launch windows explorer, the files are back. When I boot my system in normal mode, I am not able to run Norton Antivirus, Rootkitrevealer warns me what I am running in safe mode (though I am not).

Now to my question, I noticed that all the normal .exe files that have entries in the O4 section of HijackThis, have a similar file created in the same location with the same filename with a space added at the end (one example is SUPERAntiSpyware .exe in the same folder as SUPERAntiSpyware.exe). Is this a side effect to running any of the tools above, or is this a symptom of Vundo?

Thanks for your help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 htv8

htv8

• Members
  • 1,694 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:11 PM

Hello leo77, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

Based on your description of the problems you are experiencing, it looks like you are struggling with a recent variant of a Vundo file infector. I can definitely help you removing the malware, but I really need to see a HijackThis log first. Take into account that it may take some time before your computer is clean again.

In order to provide me a HijackThis log:
1. Download Trend Micro's HijackThis v2.0.2 and save it to your Desktop (if not already downloaded).
....Download HijackThis v2.0.2 (HJTInstall.exe)
2. Double-click on the HJTInstall.exe icon to start the program.
3. Click the Install button to install HijackThis to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis by default.
After the final dialogue box, HijackThis will be launched.
4. When the HijackThis window opens, click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button.
HijackThis will perform a system scan, and when the scan is complete, Notepad will open up containing the scan results. The HijackThis log will be automatically saved to the HijackThis folder.
5. Copy the entire contents of the new HijackThis log and post them here.

Also please take note of the following:
1. I will start working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you have with your machine.
2. The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.
3. The process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine is clean.
4. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes.
5. Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

Thanks,

htv8
If I have not posted back within 24 hours, feel free to send me a PM with your topic link.

Posted Image

#3 leo77

leo77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2007 - 09:43 PM

Hi htv8,

Thanks for the reply. Here's the log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 9:32:10 PM, on 12/29/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16574)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind .exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray .exe
C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\pptd40nt .exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32 .exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc .exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Sony\SONICS~1\SsAAD .exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui .exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware .exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Application Data\U3\000018604571C173\LaunchPad.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = :0
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
F3 - REG:win.ini: load=C:\WINDOWS\system32\pmkhe.exe
O3 - Toolbar: Show Norton Toolbar - {90222687-F593-4738-B738-FBEE9C7B26DF} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\UIBHO.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StorageGuard] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSBkgdUpdate] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe" -Embedding -boot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PaperPort PTD] C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\pptd40nt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IndexSearch] C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\IndexSearch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ControlCenter2.0] C:\Program Files\Brother\ControlCenter2\brctrcen.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliPoint] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [osCheck] "C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\osCheck.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec PIF AlertEng] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /a /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\AlertEng.dll"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SsAAD.exe] C:\PROGRA~1\Sony\SONICS~1\SsAAD.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [DWQueuedReporting] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\dwtrig20.exe" -t (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [DWQueuedReporting] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\dwtrig20.exe" -t (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Status Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\Brother\Brmfcmon\BrMfcWnd.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/Messe...nt.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {B9191F79-5613-4C76-AA2A-398534BB8999} (YAddBook Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/...utocomplete.cab
O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft AB - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: BrSplService (Brother XP spl Service) - brother Industries Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\brsvc01a.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VAScanner\comHost.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
O23 - Service: GWSAOLVNN - Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com - C:\DOCUME~1\Me\LOCALS~1\Temp\GWSAOLVNN.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1150\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec IS Password Validation (ISPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\isPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service Ex (LiveUpdate Notice Ex) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe
O23 - Service: MSCSPTISRV - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\MSCSPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: PACSPTISVR - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\PACSPTISVR.exe
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: SonicStage SCSI Service (SSScsiSV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SSScsiSV.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AppCore Service (SymAppCore) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe

--
End of file - 7920 bytes

#4 htv8

htv8

• Members
  • 1,694 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2007 - 07:41 AM

Hello again, leo77.

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad.
Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order in which they are mentioned below and do not miss any steps out. If you have any queries about the process or just general questions, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes.

Step #1
You have Windows Defender running on your machine and that is good. However, Windows Defender's real-time protection can interfere with the changes you will make on your system, so please follow these instructions to temporarily disable Windows Defender's real-time protection:
1. Open Windows Defender.
2. Click Tools, and then click General Settings.
3. Scroll down to Real-time protection options and uncheck the checkbox labelled "Turn on real-time protection (recommended)".
4. Click Save.
5. Close Windows Defender.

You can re-enable Windows Defender real-time protection once your system is clean. I'll let you know.

Step #2
We need to use HijackThis to create an uninstall list. Please provide me an uninstall list by performing these steps:
1. Open HijackThis.
2. Click once on the Config... button.
3. Go to the Misc Tools section by clicking on the Misc Tools button on top of the screen.
4. Click on the Open Uninstall Manager... button. You'll see a list of currently installed programs.
5. Click on the Save list... button and specify where you would like to save the uninstall list.
6. Click Save.
Notepad will open up with the contents of that file.
7. Copy and paste the contents of that Notepad file (uninstall_list.txt) as a reply to this topic.

Step #3
Occasionally malware hides itself from HijackThis. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe using My Computer or Windows Explorer and right-click on the HijackThis.exe file. Select the Rename option from the right-click menu and rename HijackThis.exe to fluffybunny.exe and press Enter.

Step #4
Scan with HijackThis (fluffybunny.exe) again and post a new HijackThis log.

So in your next reply, please post the entire contents of:
- the created uninstall list (uninstall_list.txt)
- a new HijackThis log
NOTE: Use several posts if necessary to include everything in the requested logs.
If I have not posted back within 24 hours, feel free to send me a PM with your topic link.

Posted Image

#5 leo77

leo77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2007 - 10:58 AM

Here are the logs. Please note that I had to rename HijackThis before I was able to create the uninstall_list. It would abort when I select to save the uninstall list otherwise:

uninstall_list

Active Privacy Guardian Washer
Ad-Aware 2007
Adobe Flash Player 9 ActiveX
Adobe Reader 7.0.5 Language Support
Adobe Reader 7.0.9
Adobe® Photoshop® Album Starter Edition 3.0
AppCore
AV
Brother MFL-Pro Suite
Canon Camera Support Core Library
Canon Camera Window for ZoomBrowser EX
Canon MovieEdit Task for ZoomBrowser EX
Canon PhotoRecord
Canon RAW Image Task for ZoomBrowser EX
Canon RemoteCapture Task for ZoomBrowser EX
Canon Utilities PhotoStitch 3.1
Canon Utilities ZoomBrowser EX
ccCommon
Conexant D850 56K V.9x DFVc Modem
Creative PC-CAM Center
Creative WebCam Monitor
Creative WebCam NX Pro Driver (1.00.06.0512)
Creative WebCam NX Pro User's Guide (English)
Dell Digital Jukebox Driver
Dell Media Experience
Dell Solution Center
Dell Support
Digital Line Detect
DivX Player
DivX Pro Trial
DVDSentry
HijackThis 2.0.2
Hotfix for Windows Media Format 11 SDK (KB929399)
Hotfix for Windows Media Player 11 (KB939683)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB914440)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB915865)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB926239)
HT Video Splitter & Joiner 2.0 Shareware
Intel® PRO Network Adapters and Drivers
Intel® PROSet
Internet Explorer Default Page
iTunes
Jasc Paint Shop Photo Album
Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8 Dell Edition
Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2
LiveUpdate 3.2 (Symantec Corporation)
LiveUpdate Notice (Symantec Corporation)
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB928366)
Microsoft Compression Client Pack 1.0 for Windows XP
Microsoft Data Access Components KB870669
Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia Standard 2004
Microsoft Internationalized Domain Names Mitigation APIs
Microsoft Money 2004
Microsoft Money 2004 System Pack
Microsoft National Language Support Downlevel APIs
Microsoft Picture It! Photo Premium 9
Microsoft Streets and Trips 2004
Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.0
Microsoft Word 2002
Microsoft Works
Microsoft Works 2004 Setup Launcher
Microsoft Works Suite Add-in for Microsoft Word
mIRC
Modem Helper
Mozilla Firefox (2.0.0.11)
MSN Music Assistant
MSRedist
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB927978)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB936181)
MUSICMATCH® Jukebox
NetWaiting
Norton AntiVirus
Norton Confidential Browser Component
Norton Confidential Web Protection Component
Norton Internet Security
Norton Internet Security
Norton Internet Security
Norton Internet Security
Norton Internet Security (Symantec Corporation)
Norton Protection Center
NVIDIA Windows 2000/XP Display Drivers
OpenMG AAC Add-on Module 1.0.00
OpenMG Limited Patch 4.5-06-05-12-01
OpenMG Secure Module 4.5.01
Opera 9.23
PaperPort
PDF Manual NW-S200 Series
PowerDVD
Privacy Guardian 3.2
QuickTime
RealPlayer
Security Update for Step By Step Interactive Training (KB898458)
Security Update for Step By Step Interactive Training (KB923723)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB928090)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB929969)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB931768)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB933566)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB937143)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB938127)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB939653)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB942615)
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB911564)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB911565)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB917734)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 11 (KB936782)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 6.4 (KB925398)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB883939)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB890046)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB893756)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896358)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896422)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896423)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896424)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896428)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896688)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899587)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899588)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899591)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB900725)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901017)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901214)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB902400)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB903235)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB904706)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905414)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905749)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905915)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB908519)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB908531)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911562)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911567)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911927)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB912812)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB912919)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB913446)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB913580)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914388)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914389)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB916281)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917159)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917344)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917422)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917953)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918118)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918439)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918899)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB919007)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920213)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920214)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920670)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920683)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920685)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB921398)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB921503)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB921883)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB922616)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB922760)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB922819)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923191)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923414)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923689)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923694)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923980)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924191)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924270)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924496)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924667)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB925486)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB925902)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB926255)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB926436)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB927779)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB927802)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB928255)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB928843)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB929123)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB930178)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB931261)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB931784)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB932168)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB933729)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB935839)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB935840)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB936021)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB938829)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941202)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941568)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941569)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB943460)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB944653)
Shockwave
Sonic DLA
Sonic MyDVD
Sonic RecordNow!
Sonic Update Manager
SonicStage 4.0
Sony Picture Utility
Sony USB Driver
Sound Blaster Live!
SPBBC 32bit
SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition
Symantec Technical Support Web Controls
TurboTax Deluxe 2005
TurboTax Deluxe Deduction Maximizer 2006
TurboTax ItsDeductible 2005
TurboTax ItsDeductible 2006
Update for Windows XP (KB894391)
Update for Windows XP (KB896727)
Update for Windows XP (KB898461)
Update for Windows XP (KB900485)
Update for Windows XP (KB904942)
Update for Windows XP (KB910437)
Update for Windows XP (KB911280)
Update for Windows XP (KB916595)
Update for Windows XP (KB920872)
Update for Windows XP (KB922582)
Update for Windows XP (KB927891)
Update for Windows XP (KB929338)
Update for Windows XP (KB930916)
Update for Windows XP (KB931836)
Update for Windows XP (KB933360)
Update for Windows XP (KB936357)
Update for Windows XP (KB938828)
Update for Windows XP (KB942763)
Viewpoint Manager (Remove Only)
Viewpoint Media Player
Windows Defender
Windows Defender Signatures
Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803)
Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803)
Windows Internet Explorer 7
Windows Live Messenger
Windows Media Format 11 runtime
Windows Media Format 11 runtime
Windows Media Player 11
Windows Media Player 11
Windows XP Hotfix - KB834707
Windows XP Hotfix - KB867282
Windows XP Hotfix - KB873333
Windows XP Hotfix - KB873339
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885250
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885835
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885836
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885884
Windows XP Hotfix - KB886185
Windows XP Hotfix - KB887472
Windows XP Hotfix - KB887742
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888113
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888302
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890047
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890175
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890859
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890923
Windows XP Hotfix - KB891781
Windows XP Hotfix - KB893066
Windows XP Hotfix - KB893086
Windows XP Service Pack 2
WinRAR archiver
Yahoo! Address AutoComplete
Yahoo! Browser Services
Yahoo! Install Manager
Yahoo! Internet Mail
Yahoo! Messenger
Yahoo! Messenger Explorer Bar

hijackthis

Scan saved at 10:45:14 AM, on 12/30/2007

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc .exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\fluff.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = :0
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1E8A6170-7264-4D0F-BEAE-D42A53123C75} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\NppBho.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {47B76BC0-C08D-46E0-82E7-4D54A0A6A964} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\pmkhe.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Show Norton Toolbar - {90222687-F593-4738-B738-FBEE9C7B26DF} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\UIBHO.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StorageGuard] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSBkgdUpdate] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe" -Embedding -boot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PaperPort PTD] C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\pptd40nt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IndexSearch] C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\IndexSearch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ControlCenter2.0] C:\Program Files\Brother\ControlCenter2\brctrcen.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliPoint] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [osCheck] "C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\osCheck.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec PIF AlertEng] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /a /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\AlertEng.dll"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [DWQueuedReporting] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\dwtrig20.exe" -t (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [DWQueuedReporting] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\dwtrig20.exe" -t (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Status Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\Brother\Brmfcmon\BrMfcWnd.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/Messe...nt.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {B9191F79-5613-4C76-AA2A-398534BB8999} (YAddBook Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/...utocomplete.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft AB - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: BrSplService (Brother XP spl Service) - brother Industries Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\brsvc01a.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VAScanner\comHost.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
O23 - Service: GWSAOLVNN - Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com - C:\DOCUME~1\Me\LOCALS~1\Temp\GWSAOLVNN.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1150\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec IS Password Validation (ISPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\isPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service Ex (LiveUpdate Notice Ex) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe
O23 - Service: MSCSPTISRV - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\MSCSPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: PACSPTISVR - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\PACSPTISVR.exe
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: SonicStage SCSI Service (SSScsiSV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SSScsiSV.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AppCore Service (SymAppCore) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe

--
End of file - 8325 bytes

#6 htv8

htv8

• Members
  • 1,694 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:22 PM

Hello again.

#1 Have you disabled Windows Defender's real-time protection? If you haven't disabled it, please do so now as the program can interfere with the changes you will make on your system. To temporarily disable Windows Defender's real-time protection:
1. Open Windows Defender.
2. Click Tools, and then click General Settings.
3. Scroll down to Real-time protection options and uncheck the checkbox labelled "Turn on real-time protection (recommended)".
4. Click Save.
5. Close Windows Defender.

You can re-enable Windows Defender real-time protection once your system is clean.

NOTE: If you were not able to disable Windows Defender's real-time protection for some reason, then just let me know.

#2 Go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and please tell me if you can see if in fact multiple listings of the same application(s) are present in the Add/Remove Programs section.

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad.
Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order in which they are mentioned below and do not miss any steps out. If you have any queries about the process or just general questions, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes.

Step #1
Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can and are using to infect systems. A malicious site could render Java content under older, vulnerable versions of Sun's software if the user has not removed them.
Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components:
1. Close all programs--especially your web browser--so that you have nothing open and are at your Desktop.
2. Go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and uninstall Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2.
3. Once the old Java component is removed, reboot your computer.

Once rebooted, download and install the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 3 by following these steps:
1. Go to http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp.
2. Scroll down to where it says "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 3 … The Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) allows end-users to run Java applications.".
3. Click the Download button to the right.
4. Review the License Agreement and then select the radio button labelled "Accept License Agreement".
The page will refresh.
5. Click on the link to download the Windows Offline Installation and save the file to your Desktop.
6. From your Desktop, double-click the jre-6u3-windows-i586-p.exe file to install the newest version.

Step #2
I see Viewpoint installed. Viewpoint is considered as foistware instead of malware since it is installed without users approval but doesn't spy or do anything bad. This will change from what we know in 2006. For more information about this, see this reference: Viewpoint to Plunge Into Adware. Additional information here: Viewpoint.
I strongly recommend removing Viewpoint. If you agree, uninstall the following entries from Add/Remove Programs:
Viewpoint Manager (Remove Only)
Viewpoint Media Player

Step #3
You have a Vundo infection. Download VundoFix.exe to your Desktop to get rid of it.
Download VundoFix.exe

Once downloaded, follow these steps to run VundoFix:
1. Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
2. Click the Scan for Vundo button.
3. Once it is done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
4. Click the Yes button at the prompt asking you if you want to remove the files.
NOTE: Once you click Yes, your Desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
5. When completed, it will prompt that it will reboot your computer. Click OK.
6. Post the entire contents of C:\vundofix.txt in your next reply.

NOTE: It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove. In this case, VundoFix will run on reboot, simply follow the above instructions starting from the second step - "2. Click the Scan for Vundo button." - when VundoFix appears upon rebooting.

Step #4
Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. NOTE: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.
Download Deckard's System Scanner (dss.exe)

To run the program:
1. Close all programs/windows so that you have nothing open and are at your Desktop.
2. Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt <-this one will be minimized.
3. Copy (Ctrl + A then Ctrl + C) and paste (Ctrl + V) the contents main.txt and the extra.txt in your next reply. If you have any problems with the logs, both can be found in C:\Deckard\System Scanner.
NOTE: Some firewalls may warn that sigcheck.exe is trying to access the internet - please ensure that you allow sigcheck.exe permission to do so.

Step #5
Scan with HijackThis again and post a new HijackThis log.

- C:\vundofix.txt
- the DSS reports main.txt + extra.txt
- a new HijackThis log
NOTE: Use several posts if necessary to include everything in the requested logs.

Posted Image

#7 leo77

leo77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:03 PM

Hi again and happy new year,

Here's the information:

- Yes, I had disabled Windows defender real time protection.
- In Add/Remove programs, there's only one listing per program installed.
- I was unable to uninstall Java 2 (Msg I got: Windows installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running windows in safe mode...). I am not running in safe mode.
- I was unable to install Java 6 per your instruction. When I run the downloaded .exe, I get (The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation). The account am running in has admin privileges.
- Removed viewpoint programs.
- Ran VundoFix, but the removed files reappeared when I rebooted and ran explorer. Log below.
- Ran DSS, logs below
- Ran hijackthis, log below

Again, thanks for your help.

VundoFix

VundoFix V6.7.7

Checking Java version...

Scan started at 10:39:22 AM 1/1/2008

Listing files found while scanning....

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ehkmp.ini
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ehkmp.ini2
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\pmkhe.dll
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\pmkhe.exe

Beginning removal...

Attempting to delete C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ehkmp.ini
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ehkmp.ini Has been deleted!

Attempting to delete C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ehkmp.ini2
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ehkmp.ini2 Has been deleted!

Attempting to delete C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\pmkhe.dll
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\pmkhe.dll Has been deleted!

Attempting to delete C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\pmkhe.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\pmkhe.exe Has been deleted!

Performing Repairs to the registry.
Done!

DSS - Main

Deckard's System Scanner v20071014.68
Run by Me on 2008-01-01 14:08:28
Computer is in Normal Mode.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Restore --------------------------------------------------------------

Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point.

-- Last 5 Restore Point(s) --
9: 2008-01-01 19:08:33 UTC - RP9 - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point
8: 2007-12-24 15:46:50 UTC - RP8 - Last known good configuration
7: 2007-12-24 15:46:33 UTC - RP7 - Windows Defender Checkpoint
6: 2007-12-24 15:46:32 UTC - RP6 - Last known good configuration
5: 2007-12-24 15:46:30 UTC - RP5 - Last known good configuration

-- First Restore Point --
1: 2007-12-24 15:46:27 UTC - RP1 - System Checkpoint

Backed up registry hives.
Performed disk cleanup.

Total Physical Memory: 511 MiB (512 MiB recommended).

-- HijackThis (run as Me.exe) --------------------------------------------------

Scan saved at 2:09:45 PM, on 1/1/2008

Running processes:
C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Desktop\dss.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\HIJACK~1\Me.exe

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1E8A6170-7264-4D0F-BEAE-D42A53123C75} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\NppBho.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4FE81BF0-7024-46B8-90DC-8BD9155E840F} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\pmkhe.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O23 - Service: GWSAOLVNN - Unknown owner - C:\DOCUME~1\Me\LOCALS~1\Temp\GWSAOLVNN.exe (file missing)

--
End of file - 8404 bytes

-- File Associations -----------------------------------------------------------

All associations okay.

-- Drivers: 0-Boot, 1-System, 2-Auto, 3-Demand, 4-Disabled ---------------------

R0 agp440 (Intel AGP Bus Filter) - c:\windows\\systemroot\system32\drivers\agp440.sys (file missing)
R1 omci (OMCI WDM Device Driver) - c:\windows\system32\drivers\omci.sys <Not Verified; Dell Computer Corporation; OMCI Driver>
R1 SASDIFSV - c:\program files\superantispyware\sasdifsv.sys
R1 SASKUTIL - c:\program files\superantispyware\saskutil.sys

S3 catchme - c:\docume~1\me\locals~1\temp\catchme.sys (file missing)
S3 iAimTV2 - c:\windows\system32\drivers\watv03nt.sys (file missing)
S3 SASENUM - c:\program files\superantispyware\sasenum.sys <Not Verified; SuperAdBlocker, Inc.; SuperAntiSpyware>
S3 wanatw (WAN Miniport (ATW)) - c:\windows\system32\drivers\wanatw4.sys (file missing)

-- Services: 0-Boot, 1-System, 2-Auto, 3-Demand, 4-Disabled --------------------

R2 aawservice (Ad-Aware 2007 Service) - "c:\program files\lavasoft\ad-aware 2007\aawservice.exe" <Not Verified; Lavasoft AB; Ad-Aware 2007 Service>

S2 LiveUpdate Notice Service - "c:\program files\common files\symantec shared\pif\{b8e1dd85-8582-4c61-b58f-2f227fca9a08}\pifsvc.exe" /m "c:\program files\common files\symantec shared\pif\{b8e1dd85-8582-4c61-b58f-2f227fca9a08}\pifeng.dll" <Not Verified; Symantec Corporation; LiveUpdate Notice>
S3 GWSAOLVNN - c:\docume~1\me\locals~1\temp\gwsaolvnn.exe (file missing)
S4 BVAEHN - c:\docume~1\me\locals~1\temp\bvaehn.exe (file missing)
S4 FKUXPLFJJ - c:\docume~1\me\locals~1\temp\fkuxplfjj.exe (file missing)
S4 HRH - c:\docume~1\me\locals~1\temp\hrh.exe (file missing)
S4 TVHJ - c:\docume~1\me\locals~1\temp\tvhj.exe (file missing)

-- Device Manager: Disabled ----------------------------------------------------

No disabled devices found.

-- Scheduled Tasks -------------------------------------------------------------

2008-01-01 13:25:51 330 --ah----- C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\MP Scheduled Scan.job
2007-12-17 23:34:30 616 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\Norton Internet Security - Run Full System Scan - Me.job

-- Files created between 2007-12-01 and 2008-01-01 -----------------------------

2008-01-01 13:09:03 341504 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\pmkhe.exe
2008-01-01 13:08:54 430 --ahs---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\ehkmp.ini2
2008-01-01 13:08:34 337920 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\pmkhe.dll
2007-12-29 21:31:51 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Trend Micro
2007-12-24 02:34:19 0 d-------- C:\!KillBox
2007-12-24 02:13:15 3654 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\tmp.reg
2007-12-24 00:55:50 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Application Data\U3
2007-12-23 13:22:19 5320704 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\QSAWELM
2007-12-23 11:51:24 6696960 --a------ C:\Documents and Settings\Me\ntuser.dat
2007-12-23 11:51:22 233472 --a------ C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat

-- Find3M Report ---------------------------------------------------------------

2008-01-01 13:09:03 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Windows Defender
2008-01-01 13:09:02 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security
2008-01-01 13:09:02 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint
2008-01-01 13:09:02 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
2008-01-01 13:08:57 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware
2008-01-01 09:59:29 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Viewpoint
2007-12-24 00:02:04 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\RootkitRevealer
2007-12-20 15:47:58 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\mIRC
2007-12-05 07:31:50 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Symantec
2007-11-30 18:26:09 9848 --a------ C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Application Data\wklnhst.dat

-- Registry Dump ---------------------------------------------------------------

*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{4FE81BF0-7024-46B8-90DC-8BD9155E840F}]
01/01/2008 01:08 PM 337920 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\pmkhe.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"dla"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe" []
"StorageGuard"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" [01/01/2008 01:09 PM]
"Microsoft Works Update Detection"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe" [01/01/2008 01:09 PM]
"SSBkgdUpdate"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe" [01/01/2008 01:09 PM]
"PaperPort PTD"="C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\pptd40nt.exe" [01/01/2008 01:09 PM]
"IndexSearch"="C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\IndexSearch.exe" [01/01/2008 01:09 PM]
"ControlCenter2.0"="C:\Program Files\Brother\ControlCenter2\brctrcen.exe" [01/01/2008 01:09 PM]
"IntelliPoint"="C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe" [01/01/2008 01:09 PM]
"ccApp"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe" [01/01/2008 01:09 PM]
"osCheck"="C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\osCheck.exe" [01/01/2008 01:09 PM]
"Windows Defender"="C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" [01/01/2008 01:09 PM]
"Symantec PIF AlertEng"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" [01/01/2008 01:09 PM]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"Sonic RecordNow!"="" []
"ctfmon.exe"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" []
"SsAAD.exe"="C:\PROGRA~1\Sony\SONICS~1\SsAAD.exe" [01/01/2008 10:36 AM]
"SUPERAntiSpyware"="C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe" [01/01/2008 01:08 PM]

[HKEY_USERS\.default\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run]
"DWQueuedReporting"="C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\dwtrig20.exe" -t

C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
DESKTOP.INI [9/3/2002 9:00:00 AM]

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe [9/23/2005 9:05:26 PM]
DESKTOP.INI [9/3/2002 9:00:00 AM]
Microsoft Office.lnk - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE [2/13/2001 1:01:04 AM]
Status Monitor.lnk - C:\Program Files\Brother\Brmfcmon\BrMfcWnd.exe [12/4/2005 6:09:54 PM]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer]
@=

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer]
"NoLowDiskSpaceChecks"=1 (0x1)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks]
"{5AE067D3-9AFB-48E0-853A-EBB7F4A000DA}"= C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASSEH.DLL [12/20/2006 12:55 PM 77824]
"{CA4F0D8D-5F2B-4F16-838A-8D52249EAB21}"= C:\WINDOWS\system32\urqpoll.dll [ ]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\!SASWinLogon]
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll 04/19/2007 12:41 PM 294912 C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\lsa]
"Authentication Packages"= msv1_0 C:\WINDOWS\system32\pmkhe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\aawservice]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\vds]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\{533C5B84-EC70-11D2-9505-00C04F79DEAF}]
@="Volume shadow copy"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\F]
AutoRun\command- F:\LaunchU3.exe -a

*Newly Created Service* - COMHOST

-- End of Deckard's System Scanner: finished at 2008-01-01 14:10:32 ------------

Extra.txt

Deckard's System Scanner v20071014.68
Extra logfile - please post this as an attachment with your post.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Information ----------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (build 2600) SP 2.0
Architecture: X86; Language: English

CPU 0: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz
CPU 1: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz
Percentage of Memory in Use: 47%
Physical Memory (total/avail): 511 MiB / 270.47 MiB
Pagefile Memory (total/avail): 1248.49 MiB / 1047.81 MiB
Virtual Memory (total/avail): 2047.88 MiB / 1942.28 MiB

A: is Removable (No Media)
C: is Fixed (NTFS) - 111.72 GiB total, 63.41 GiB free.
D: is CDROM (No Media)
E: is CDROM (Unformatted)
F: is CDROM (CDFS)
H: is Removable (FAT32)

\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE0 - Maxtor 6Y120M0 - 111.76 GiB - 2 partitions
\PARTITION0 - Unknown - 39.19 MiB
\PARTITION1 (bootable) - Installable File System - 111.72 GiB - C:

\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE1 - SanDisk U3 Cruzer Micro USB Device - 3.81 GiB - 1 partition
\PARTITION0 - Unknown - 3.81 GiB - H:

-- Security Center -------------------------------------------------------------

AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install.
Windows Internal Firewall is disabled.

FW: Norton Internet Security v2007 (Symantec Corporation)
AV: Norton Internet Security v2007 (Symantec Corporation)

[HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]

[HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]

-- Environment Variables -------------------------------------------------------

ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
APPDATA=C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Application Data
CLASSPATH=.;C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2\lib\ext\QTJava.zip
CLIENTNAME=Console
CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
COMPUTERNAME=MYMACHINE
ComSpec=C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
FP_NO_HOST_CHECK=NO
HOMEDRIVE=C:
HOMEPATH=\Documents and Settings\Me
LOGONSERVER=\\MYMACHINE
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=2
OS=Windows_NT
Path=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic Shared;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\
PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9, GenuineIntel
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=15
PROCESSOR_REVISION=0209
ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
PROMPT=$P$G
QTJAVA=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2\lib\ext\QTJava.zip
SAFEBOOT_OPTION=MINIMAL
SESSIONNAME=Console
SystemDrive=C:
SystemRoot=C:\WINDOWS
TEMP=C:\DOCUME~1\Me\LOCALS~1\Temp
TMP=C:\DOCUME~1\Me\LOCALS~1\Temp
USERDOMAIN=MYMACHINE
USERNAME=Me
USERPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\Me
windir=C:\WINDOWS

-- User Profiles ---------------------------------------------------------------

Me (admin)
NotMe
Administrator.MYMACHINE (admin)

-- Add/Remove Programs ---------------------------------------------------------

--> "C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\Program\Ctzapxx.EXE" /X /U /S /R
--> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\r1puninst.exe RealNetworks|RealPlayer|6.0
--> C:\WINDOWS\IsUninst.exe -fC:\WINDOWS\orun32.isu
--> C:\WINDOWS\System32\\MSIEXEC.EXE /I {09DA4F91-2A09-4232-AB8C-6BC740096DE3} REMOVE=UpdateMgrFeature
--> C:\WINDOWS\System32\\MSIEXEC.EXE /x {1206EF92-2E83-4859-ACCB-2048C3CB7DA6}
--> C:\WINDOWS\System32\\MSIEXEC.EXE /x {9541FED0-327F-4df0-8B96-EF57EF622F19}
--> Dummy
--> MsiExec.exe /I{8A42F680-2DD6-11D4-9A8C-0040F6982C20}
--> MsiExec.exe /I{A2529672-574A-4A99-86A5-C1770A0E31FE}
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{410438A3-B591-4028-B70A-3CC0B33FBCD1}\Setup.exe" -l0x9 -L0x9anything
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{435E969D-867E-4364-8E74-3DC8A69C5BDB}\setup.exe" -l0x9
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{435E969D-867E-4364-8E74-3DC8A69C5BDB}\setup.exe" -l0x9 /remove
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{44DC86A0-248D-11D6-9BAF-0090271AF8A4}\setup.exe" -l0x9
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{44DC86A0-248D-11D6-9BAF-0090271AF8A4}\setup.exe" -l0x9 /remove
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{48E3A9E6-FA13-11D5-8CC9-00A0C98192B6}\setup.exe" -l0x9
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{48E3A9E6-FA13-11D5-8CC9-00A0C98192B6}\setup.exe" -l0x9 /remove
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{51F5239C-197B-11D6-9BAF-0090271AF8A4}\setup.exe" -l0x9
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{51F5239C-197B-11D6-9BAF-0090271AF8A4}\setup.exe" -l0x9 /remove
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{88E5FCB8-5F25-11D5-B16F-0800460222F0}\setup.exe" -l0x9 UNINSTALL
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{CA9EC1C6-3B51-11D6-B1A9-BCD2747AA951}\setup.exe" -l0x9
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{D43F13A1-1E39-4BD4-9682-DF889FE75421}\setup.exe" -l0x9
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{D76298C2-E532-4A11-BCFF-76F3F19DA84D}\setup.exe" UNINSTALL
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{E7337A45-3FE5-4392-ABBB-26B794D060C9}\setup.exe" -l0x9
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{E7337A45-3FE5-4392-ABBB-26B794D060C9}\setup.exe" -l0x9 /remove
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{F865C2FE-25E7-11D6-9BAF-0090271AF8A4}\setup.exe" -l0x9
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{F865C2FE-25E7-11D6-9BAF-0090271AF8A4}\setup.exe" -l0x9 /remove
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\10\01\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{4E7DC12A-3597-4A94-9429-F6C6987361B1}\setup.exe" -l0x9 -removeonly
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\10\01\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{7DADB304-AF20-48C3-A780-4B4133A08817}\setup.exe" -l0x9 -removeonly
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\10\01\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{9C423CF6-2DAA-4A37-94B8-59D7ECC7DB13}\setup.exe" -l0x9 -removeonly
--> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\10\01\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{FA6CC4B4-7741-4F8D-8E81-15C4BAB9869B}\setup.exe" -l0x9 -removeonly
--> rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultUninstall 132 C:\WINDOWS\INF\PCHealth.inf
Active Privacy Guardian Washer --> C:\Program Files\APGW\uninst.exe
Ad-Aware 2007 --> MsiExec.exe /X{0E6AB9FC-76C2-431B-9C06-6C1CFFFEA8EB}
Adobe Flash Player 9 ActiveX --> C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil9b.exe -uninstallDelete
Adobe Reader 7.0.5 Language Support --> MsiExec.exe /I{AC76BA86-7AD7-5464-3428-7050000000A7}
Adobe Reader 7.0.9 --> MsiExec.exe /I{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A70900000002}
Adobe® Photoshop® Album Starter Edition 3.0 --> MsiExec.exe /I{4BDFD2CE-6329-42E4-9801-9B3D1F10D79B}
AppCore --> MsiExec.exe /I{EFB5B3B5-A280-4E25-BE1C-634EEFE32C1B}
AV --> MsiExec.exe /I{F4DB525F-A986-4249-B98B-42A8066251CA}
Brother MFL-Pro Suite --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\0701\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{40A6C96D-808E-41DD-8716-617AB6B0F1F1}\Setup.exe" -l0x9 Brunin03.dllBrunin03.dll
Canon Camera Support Core Library --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\8\Intel 32\IDriver.exe /M{C3E1AA89-B370-46F4-AEBD-F4EBE7BE38A1}
Canon Camera Window for ZoomBrowser EX --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\8\Intel 32\IDriver.exe /M{3E738549-70A2-4C52-A4E9-F8904458A152}
Canon MovieEdit Task for ZoomBrowser EX --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\8\Intel 32\IDriver.exe /M{DE286975-ACF1-45B8-9EF7-34E162B2C817}
Canon PhotoRecord --> MsiExec.exe /X{BEF56F2D-56ED-4176-BF72-7B68D4A3B98D}
Canon RAW Image Task for ZoomBrowser EX --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\8\Intel 32\IDriver.exe /M{9518F764-C54D-47B2-9E73-154B21E79FD2}
Canon RemoteCapture Task for ZoomBrowser EX --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\8\Intel 32\IDriver.exe /M{2C164906-E68F-462A-9010-70DD022223EF}
Canon Utilities PhotoStitch 3.1 --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\8\Intel 32\IDriver.exe /M{FD54F3AF-310A-432A-AC7E-8C8A5AD21614}
Canon Utilities ZoomBrowser EX --> MsiExec.exe /X{C1D76D7A-F3BB-47EA-A746-5B1E2FFC1DF2}
ccCommon --> MsiExec.exe /I{3CCAD2EF-CFF2-4637-82AA-AABF370282D3}
Conexant D850 56K V.9x DFVc Modem --> C:\Program Files\CONEXANT\CNXT_MODEM_PCI_VEN_14F1&DEV_2F20&SUBSYS_200F14F1\HXFSETUP.EXE -U -Idel200fk.inf
Creative PC-CAM Center --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{D43F13A1-1E39-4BD4-9682-DF889FE75421}\setup.exe" -l0x9 /remove
Creative WebCam Monitor --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{CA9EC1C6-3B51-11D6-B1A9-BCD2747AA951}\setup.exe" -l0x9 /remove
Creative WebCam NX Pro Driver (1.00.06.0512) --> C:\WINDOWS\CtDrvIns.exe -uninstall -script Pd1130.uns -unsext NT -plugin P1130Pin.dll -pluginres P1130Pin.crl
Creative WebCam NX Pro User's Guide (English) --> C:\WINDOWS\IsUninst.exe -f"C:\Program Files\Creative\Creative WebCam NX Pro\Creative WebCam NX Pro User's Guide\English\CTManual.isu"
Dell Digital Jukebox Driver --> C:\Program Files\Dell\Digital Jukebox Drivers\DrvUnins.exe /s
Dell Media Experience --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{2637C347-9DAD-11D6-9EA2-00055D0CA761}\setup.exe" -uninstall
Dell Solution Center --> MsiExec.exe /X{11F1920A-56A2-4642-B6E0-3B31A12C9288}
Dell Support --> MsiExec.exe /X{43FCA273-9534-40DB-B7C5-D7758875616A}
Digital Line Detect --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{E646DCF0-5A68-11D5-B229-002078017FBF}\setup.exe" -l0x9 ControlPanelAnyText
DivX Player --> C:\Program Files\DivX\DivXPlayerUninstall.exe /PLAYER
DivX Pro Trial --> C:\Program Files\DivX\DivXCodecUninstall.exe /CODEC
DVDSentry --> MsiExec.exe /I{98DF85D9-96C0-4F57-A92E-C3539477EF5E}
HijackThis 2.0.2 --> "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe" /uninstall
Hotfix for Windows Media Format 11 SDK (KB929399) --> "C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB929399$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
HT Video Splitter & Joiner 2.0 Shareware --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\0701\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{45A8D5C8-AD4B-4467-B598-AF4F59F1DE16}\Setup.exe" -l0x9
Intel® PRO Network Adapters and Drivers --> Prounstl.exe
Intel® PROSet --> MsiExec.exe /I{A790BEB1-BCCF-4EC6-807B-5708B36E8A79}
Internet Explorer Default Page --> MsiExec.exe /I{35BDEFF1-A610-4956-A00D-15453C116395}
iTunes --> MsiExec.exe /I{885894A5-BA0A-460E-AB4C-96C5C9B2C5E2}
Jasc Paint Shop Photo Album --> MsiExec.exe /I{CC000127-5E5D-4A1C-90CB-EEAAAC1E3AC0}
Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8 Dell Edition --> MsiExec.exe /I{81A34902-9D0B-4920-A25C-4CDC5D14B328}
Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2 --> MsiExec.exe /I{7148F0A8-6813-11D6-A77B-00B0D0142000}
LiveUpdate 3.2 (Symantec Corporation) --> "C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LSETUP.EXE" /U
LiveUpdate Notice (Symantec Corporation) --> MsiExec.exe /X{DBA4DB9D-EE51-4944-A419-98AB1F1249C8}
Microsoft Compression Client Pack 1.0 for Windows XP --> "C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallMSCompPackV1$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Microsoft Data Access Components KB870669 --> C:\WINDOWS\muninst.exe C:\WINDOWS\INF\KB870669.inf
Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia Standard 2004 --> MsiExec.exe /I{04410044-9149-45C6-A806-F2BF9CFCE762}
Microsoft Money 2004 --> MsiExec.exe /I{1D643CD7-4DD6-11D7-A4E0-000874180BB3}
Microsoft Money 2004 System Pack --> MsiExec.exe /I{8C64E145-54BA-11D6-91B1-00500462BE80}
Microsoft Picture It! Photo Premium 9 --> C:\WINDOWS\System32\msiexec.exe /i {DBA8B9E1-C6FF-4624-9598-73D3B41A0903}
Microsoft Streets and Trips 2004 --> MsiExec.exe /I{8704D51E-25B7-4F23-81E7-AA4F54790210}
Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.0 --> "C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallWudf01000$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Microsoft Word 2002 --> MsiExec.exe /I{911B0409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}
Microsoft Works --> MsiExec.exe /I{B9966F27-9678-4620-9579-925E3084647E}
Microsoft Works 2004 Setup Launcher --> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works Suite 2004\Setup\Launcher.exe D:\
Microsoft Works Suite Add-in for Microsoft Word --> MsiExec.exe /I{33BEE6F3-9987-4F98-A069-97A64EC8321A}
mIRC --> "C:\Program Files\mIRC\mirc.exe" -uninstall
Modem Helper --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{7F142D56-3326-11D5-B229-002078017FBF}\setup.exe" -l0x9 ControlPanel
Mozilla Firefox (2.0.0.11) --> C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe
MSN Music Assistant --> rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\INF\msninst.inf,Uninstall
MSRedist --> MsiExec.exe /I{B7C61755-DB48-4003-948F-3D34DB8EAF69}
MUSICMATCH® Jukebox --> C:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~2\unmatch.exe
NetWaiting --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{3F92ABBB-6BBF-11D5-B229-002078017FBF}\setup.exe" -l0x9 ControlPanelAnyText
Norton AntiVirus --> MsiExec.exe /X{830D8CBD-C668-49e2-A969-C2C2106332E0}
Norton Confidential Browser Component --> MsiExec.exe /I{4843B611-8FCB-4428-8C23-31D0A5EAE164}
Norton Confidential Web Protection Component --> MsiExec.exe /I{D353CC51-430D-4C6F-9B7E-52003DA1E05A}
Norton Internet Security --> MsiExec.exe /I{48185814-A224-447A-81DA-71BD20580E1B}
Norton Internet Security --> MsiExec.exe /I{5AA2CD16-706F-41f3-87C5-2B5A031F2B3B}
Norton Internet Security --> MsiExec.exe /I{E3EFA461-EB83-4C3B-9C47-2C1D58A01555}
Norton Internet Security --> MsiExec.exe /I{E5EE9939-259F-4DE2-8023-5C49E16A4F43}
Norton Internet Security (Symantec Corporation) --> "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SymSetup\{5AA2CD16-706F-41f3-87C5-2B5A031F2B3B}_10_3_0_12\{5AA2CD16-706F-41f3-87C5-2B5A031F2B3B}.exe" /X
Norton Protection Center --> MsiExec.exe /I{9A129ABC-A53A-4209-A21E-D5DEDFB7CCA8}
NVIDIA Windows 2000/XP Display Drivers --> rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvinstnt.dll,NvUninstallNT4 nvdd.inf
OpenMG AAC Add-on Module 1.0.00 --> C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\Driver\1150\INTEL3~1\IDriver.exe /M{23BE930B-6AC4-4D0D-B5C3-03062A2BF2A3} UNINSTALL
OpenMG Limited Patch 4.5-06-05-12-01 --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\OpenMG\HotFixes\HotFix4.5-06-05-12-01\HotFixSetup\setup.exe /u
OpenMG Secure Module 4.5.01 --> C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\Driver\1150\INTEL3~1\IDriver.exe /M{3633BA28-67CE-4AC8-A677-3406CA84C3D8} UNINSTALL
Opera 9.23 --> MsiExec.exe /X{E9EEE4CB-CB2B-4273-9AF5-7E12022B444B}
PaperPort --> MsiExec.exe /I{A17EABB6-D0C6-44E5-820C-72DC7F495064}
PDF Manual NW-S200 Series --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\10\01\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{7B694704-8D6C-4833-99E1-311A9788F61F}\setup.exe" -l0x9 UNINSTALL -removeonly
PowerDVD --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}\setup.exe" -uninstall
Privacy Guardian 3.2 --> "C:\Program Files\Privacy Guardian\unins000.exe"
QuickTime --> MsiExec.exe /I{F07B861C-72B9-40A4-8B1A-AAED4C06A7E8}
RealPlayer --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\r1puninst.exe RealNetworks|RealPlayer|6.0
Security Update for Step By Step Interactive Training (KB898458) --> "C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB898458$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Step By Step Interactive Training (KB923723) --> "C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB923723$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Shockwave --> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Macromed\SHOCKW~1\UNWISE.EXE C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Macromed\SHOCKW~1\Install.log
Sonic DLA --> MsiExec.exe /I{1206EF92-2E83-4859-ACCB-2048C3CB7DA6}
Sonic MyDVD --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{5E835305-63BB-4E55-BBB7-EEBBE67774DB}\setup.exe" -l0x9 -L0x9 /SMAINT
Sonic RecordNow! --> MsiExec.exe /I{9541FED0-327F-4DF0-8B96-EF57EF622F19}
Sonic Update Manager --> MsiExec.exe /I{09DA4F91-2A09-4232-AB8C-6BC740096DE3}
SonicStage 4.0 --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\10\01\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{A0EB195B-5876-48E6-879D-33D4B2102610}\setup.exe" -l0x9 UNINSTALL -removeonly
Sony Picture Utility --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\10\01\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{D5068583-D569-468B-9755-5FBF5848F46F}\setup.exe" -l0x9 /removeonly uninstall -removeonly
Sony USB Driver --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{5C29CB8B-AC1E-4114-8D68-9CD080140D4A}\Setup.exe" UNINSTALL
Sound Blaster Live! --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{96E16100-A77F-4B31-B9AD-FFBA040EE1BD}\setup.exe" -l0x9
SPBBC 32bit --> MsiExec.exe /I{77772678-817F-4401-9301-ED1D01A8DA56}
SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition --> MsiExec.exe /X{CDDCBBF1-2703-46BC-938B-BCC81A1EEAAA}
Symantec Technical Support Web Controls --> MsiExec.exe /X{4744EEEC-C6E9-4893-85C8-2DE7F59800CA}
TurboTax Deluxe 2005 --> C:\Program Files\TurboTax\Deluxe 2005\TaxUnst.EXE "C:\Program Files\TurboTax\Deluxe 2005\Uninstall.log" -NoGui
TurboTax Deluxe Deduction Maximizer 2006 --> C:\Program Files\TurboTax\Deluxe 2006\TaxUnst.EXE "C:\Program Files\TurboTax\Deluxe 2006\Uninstall.log" -NoGui
TurboTax ItsDeductible 2005 --> MsiExec.exe /X{2E7595EC-4FB1-4E29-93D4-9083C8A9B107}
TurboTax ItsDeductible 2006 --> MsiExec.exe /X{AFF1EA96-9C23-4249-B7D4-CD4B54D4582F}
Windows Defender --> MsiExec.exe /I{A06275F4-324B-4E85-95E6-87B2CD729401}
Windows Defender Signatures --> MsiExec.exe /I{A5CC2A09-E9D3-49EC-923D-03874BBD4C2C}
Windows Live Messenger --> MsiExec.exe /I{571700F0-DB9D-4B3A-B03D-35A14BB5939F}
Windows Media Format 11 runtime --> "C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallWMFDist11$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
WinRAR archiver --> C:\Program Files\WinRAR\uninstall.exe
Yahoo! Address AutoComplete --> C:\WINDOWS\System32\regsvr32 /u /s C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Common\yaddbook.dll
Yahoo! Browser Services --> C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Common\unyext.exe
Yahoo! Install Manager --> C:\WINDOWS\system32\regsvr32 /u C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Common\YINSTH~1.DLL
Yahoo! Internet Mail --> C:\WINDOWS\system32\regsvr32 /u /s C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Common\ymmapi.dll
Yahoo! Messenger --> C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\UNWISE.EXE /U C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\INSTALL.LOG
Yahoo! Messenger Explorer Bar --> C:\WINDOWS\System32\regsvr32 /u /s C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YHEXBM~1.DLL

-- Application Event Log -------------------------------------------------------

Event Record #/Type34172 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 01/01/2008 02:09:54 PM
Event ID/Source: 8 / crypt32
Event Description:
Failed auto update retrieval of third-party root list sequence number from: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootseq.txt> with error: This network connection does not exist.

Event Record #/Type34171 / Error
Event Description:
Failed auto update retrieval of third-party root list sequence number from: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootseq.txt> with error: This network connection does not exist.

Event Record #/Type34170 / Error
Event Description:
Failed auto update retrieval of third-party root list sequence number from: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootseq.txt> with error: The server name or address could not be resolved

Event Record #/Type34169 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 01/01/2008 01:09:55 PM
Event ID/Source: 1000 / Application Error
Event Description:
Faulting application brmfcwnd.exe, version 1.0.5.4, faulting module user32.dll, version 5.1.2600.3099, fault address 0x0001e655.
Processing media-specific event for [brmfcwnd.exe!ws!]

Event Record #/Type34167 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 01/01/2008 01:04:31 PM
Event ID/Source: 1015 / Winlogon
Event Description:
A critical system process, C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe, failed with status code 00000000. The machine
must now be restarted.

-- Security Event Log ----------------------------------------------------------

No Errors/Warnings found.

-- System Event Log ------------------------------------------------------------

Event Record #/Type18937524 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 01/01/2008 02:09:37 PM
Event ID/Source: 7001 / Service Control Manager
Event Description:
The Remote Access Connection Manager service depends on the Telephony service which failed to start because of the following error:
%%1058

Event Record #/Type18937523 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 01/01/2008 02:09:33 PM
Event Description:
The Remote Access Connection Manager service depends on the Telephony service which failed to start because of the following error:
%%1058

Event Record #/Type18937522 / Error
Event Description:
%%1058

Event Record #/Type18937521 / Error
Event Description:
%%1058

Event Record #/Type18937520 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 01/01/2008 02:04:27 PM
Event ID/Source: 10005 / DCOM
Event Description:
DCOM got error "%%1084" attempting to start the service StiSvc with arguments ""
in order to run the server:
{A1F4E726-8CF1-11D1-BF92-0060081ED811}

-- End of Deckard's System Scanner: finished at 2008-01-01 14:10:32 ------------

Hijackthis

Scan saved at 3:01:07 PM, on 1/1/2008

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\notepad.exe
C:\WINDOWS\notepad.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4FE81BF0-7024-46B8-90DC-8BD9155E840F} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\pmkhe.dll
O23 - Service: GWSAOLVNN - Unknown owner - C:\DOCUME~1\Me\LOCALS~1\Temp\GWSAOLVNN.exe (file missing)

--
End of file - 8419 bytes

#8 htv8

htv8

• Members
  • 1,694 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:34 PM

Hello again, leo77. Happy New Year to you too! :thumbsup:

- I was unable to uninstall Java 2 (Msg I got: Windows installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running windows in safe mode...). I am not running in safe mode.
- I was unable to install Java 6 per your instruction. When I run the downloaded .exe, I get (The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation). The account am running in has admin privileges.

Don't worry about this for now. We will solve with this later.

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. This will be useful as there is a possibility some of the instructions will need to be carried out where internet access is NOT available. A print out of the instructions would be a good reference to make sure you don't get lost. You may also like to save these instructions in Word/Notepad to the Desktop where they can be easily found for the same reasons as above.
Also make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order in which they are mentioned below and do not miss any steps out. If you have any queries about the process or just general questions, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes.

Step #1
Please download ComboFix from any of the links below and save it to your Desktop.
(1) Download ComboFix.exe
(2) Download ComboFix.exe
(3) Download ComboFix.exe
NOTE: In the event you already have ComboFix, this is a new version that I need you to download. It is important that ComboFix is saved directly to your Desktop.

GENERAL WARNING: You should NOT use Combofix unless you have been instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is intended by its creator to be used under the guidance and supervision of an expert, not for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could render your system/pc inoperable.

When the file has finished downloading:
1. Close any open browsers/windows.
2. Disconnect from the Internet (physically unplug/pull out CAT5 cable if you hafta).
3. VERY IMPORTANT: Temporarily disable your antivirus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. (They can interfere with the running of ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".)
Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. NOTE: The list is not all-inclusive. If yours is not listed and you do not know how to disable it, please ask.
4. Double-click ComboFix.exe to launch the application and follow the on-screen prompts.
NOTE: Do not mouseclick ComboFix's window whilst it's running. That may cause your system to hang!
5. When finished, ComboFix shall produce a log for you; post the entire contents of C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Step #2

- the ComboFix log
- a new HijackThis log

For your information: I might not reply tomorrow as I'm going to be very busy. Anyway, I will get back to you as soon as possible when posted. :blink:

Posted Image

#9 leo77

leo77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:43 PM

ComboFix 08-01-03.3 - Me 2008-01-02 20:05:40.4 - NTFSx86 MINIMAL
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.244 [GMT -5:00]
Running from: C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
* Created a new restore point

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\PROGRA~1\Sony\SONICS~1\SsAAD.exe
C:\Program Files\Brother\ControlCenter2\brctrcen.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\osCheck.exe
C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\IndexSearch.exe
C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\pptd40nt.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\SonicStage\SsAAD.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ehkmp.ini
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ehkmp.ini2
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pmkhe.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pmkhe.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RCX2B.tmp
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RCX2C.tmp
C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE

"C:\Program Files\Brother\ControlCenter2\brctrcen .exe" replaces infected copy of "C:\Program Files\Brother\ControlCenter2\brctrcen.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind .exe" replaces infected copy of "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\ScanSoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate .exe" replaces infected copy of "C:\Program Files\Common Files\ScanSoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray .exe" replaces infected copy of "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp .exe" replaces infected copy of "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc .exe" replaces infected copy of "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32 .exe" replaces infected copy of "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\osCheck .exe" replaces infected copy of "C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\osCheck.exe"
"C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\IndexSearch .exe" replaces infected copy of "C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\IndexSearch.exe"
"C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\pptd40nt .exe" replaces infected copy of "C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\pptd40nt.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Sony\SonicStage\SsAAD .exe" replaces infected copy of "C:\Program Files\Sony\SonicStage\SsAAD.exe"
"C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware .exe" replaces infected copy of "C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui .exe" replaces infected copy of "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe"
"C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg .EXE" replaces infected copy of "C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE"
((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2007-12-03 to 2008-01-03 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2008-01-02 20:04 . 2000-08-31 08:00 51,200 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\NirCmd.exe
2008-01-01 14:05 . 2008-01-01 14:05 <DIR> d-------- C:\Deckard
2007-12-29 21:31 . 2007-12-29 21:31 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Trend Micro
2007-12-24 02:13 . 2007-12-24 02:49 3,654 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\tmp.reg
2007-12-24 00:55 . 2008-01-02 20:01 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Application Data\U3
2007-12-23 22:42 . 2007-12-24 10:46 90,112 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE
2007-12-23 14:57 . 2007-06-15 10:10 211 --ah----- C:\boot.ini.SAB
2007-12-23 13:22 . 2007-12-23 13:22 5,320,704 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\QSAWELM

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2008-01-03 01:11 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Windows Defender
2008-01-03 01:11 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware
2008-01-03 01:11 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security
2008-01-03 01:11 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint
2008-01-03 01:11 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
2008-01-01 14:59 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Viewpoint
2008-01-01 14:59 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Viewpoint
2007-12-24 05:02 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\RootkitRevealer
2007-12-21 01:08 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec
2007-12-20 20:47 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\mIRC
2007-12-05 12:31 805 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\SYMEVENT.INF
2007-12-05 12:31 123,952 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\SYMEVENT.SYS
2007-12-05 12:31 10,740 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\SYMEVENT.CAT
2007-12-05 12:31 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Symantec
2007-12-01 04:57 43,696 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\srtspx.sys
2007-12-01 04:57 317,616 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\srtspl.sys
2007-12-01 04:57 279,088 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\srtsp.sys
2007-12-01 04:57 10,549 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\srtspx.cat
2007-12-01 04:57 10,549 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\srtspl.cat
2007-12-01 04:57 10,545 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\srtsp.cat
2007-12-01 04:57 1,430 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\srtspl.inf
2007-12-01 04:57 1,421 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\srtspx.inf
2007-12-01 04:57 1,415 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\srtsp.inf
2007-11-30 23:26 9,848 ----a-w C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Application Data\wklnhst.dat
2007-11-13 10:25 20,480 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\secdrv.sys
2007-09-19 23:32 66,032 ----a-w C:\Documents and Settings\NotMe\Application Data\GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT
2007-09-19 23:32 2,890 ----a-w C:\Documents and Settings\NotMe\Application Data\wklnhst.dat
2004-11-07 18:53 56 --sh--r C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\81B2BA55A0.sys
2004-11-07 18:53 10,022 --sha-w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KGyGaAvL.sys
----a-w		   114,741 2007-12-24 03:42:40  C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dla\tfswctrl .exe

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( snapshot@2007-12-24_ 2.08.28.70 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
- 2007-03-13 15:57:10 163,328 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\erdnt\subs\ERDNT.EXE
+ 2000-08-31 13:00:00 163,328 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\erdnt\subs\ERDNT.EXE
- 2007-12-14 02:26:50 156,160 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\swreg.exe
+ 2000-08-31 13:00:00 156,160 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\swreg.exe
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
REGEDIT4

"Sonic RecordNow!"="" []
"ctfmon.exe"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" [ ]
"SsAAD.exe"="C:\PROGRA~1\Sony\SONICS~1\SsAAD.exe" [2008-01-02 18:18 81920]
"SUPERAntiSpyware"="C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe" [2008-01-02 18:18 1318912]

"dla"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe" [ ]
"StorageGuard"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" [2008-01-02 18:17 155648]
"Microsoft Works Update Detection"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe" [2008-01-02 18:17 50688]
"SSBkgdUpdate"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe" [2008-01-02 18:17 155648]
"PaperPort PTD"="C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\pptd40nt.exe" [2008-01-02 18:17 57393]
"IndexSearch"="C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\IndexSearch.exe" [2008-01-02 18:17 40960]
"ControlCenter2.0"="C:\Program Files\Brother\ControlCenter2\brctrcen.exe" [2008-01-02 18:17 851968]
"IntelliPoint"="C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe" [2008-01-02 18:17 204800]
"ccApp"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe" [2008-01-02 18:17 115816]
"osCheck"="C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\osCheck.exe" [2008-01-02 18:17 771704]
"Windows Defender"="C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" [2008-01-02 18:17 866584]
"Symantec PIF AlertEng"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" [2008-01-02 18:17 583048]

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"DWQueuedReporting"="C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\dwtrig20.exe" [2007-03-13 15:38 39264]

Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe [2005-09-23 21:05:26]
Microsoft Office.lnk - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE [2001-02-13 01:01:04]
Status Monitor.lnk - C:\Program Files\Brother\Brmfcmon\BrMfcWnd.exe [2005-12-04 18:09:54]

[hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\shellexecutehooks]
"{5AE067D3-9AFB-48E0-853A-EBB7F4A000DA}"= C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASSEH.DLL [2006-12-20 12:55 77824]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\!SASWinLogon]
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll 2007-04-19 12:41 294912 C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll

R3 P1130VID;Creative WebCam NX Pro;C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\P1130Vid.sys [2003-05-07 20:00]
S3 BrScnUsb;Brother USB Still Image driver;C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\BrScnUsb.sys [2003-12-19 16:15]
S3 GWSAOLVNN;GWSAOLVNN;C:\DOCUME~1\Me\LOCALS~1\Temp\GWSAOLVNN.exe []
S4 BVAEHN;BVAEHN;C:\DOCUME~1\Me\LOCALS~1\Temp\BVAEHN.exe []
S4 FKUXPLFJJ;FKUXPLFJJ;C:\DOCUME~1\Me\LOCALS~1\Temp\FKUXPLFJJ.exe []
S4 HRH;HRH;C:\DOCUME~1\Me\LOCALS~1\Temp\HRH.exe []
S4 TVHJ;TVHJ;C:\DOCUME~1\Me\LOCALS~1\Temp\TVHJ.exe []

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\F]
\Shell\AutoRun\command - F:\LaunchU3.exe -a

Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
"2008-01-02 23:22:34 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\MP Scheduled Scan.job"
- C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe
"2007-12-18 04:34:30 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\Norton Internet Security - Run Full System Scan - Me.job"
- C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Navw32.exeh/TASK:

catchme 0.3.1344 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2008-01-02 20:12:53
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

Completion time: 2008-01-02 20:15:03 - machine was rebooted
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2008-01-03 01:15:00
ComboFix2.txt 2007-12-24 15:37:06
ComboFix3.txt 2007-12-24 14:40:45
ComboFix4.txt 2007-12-24 07:09:16
2007-12-21 10:40:08 --- E O F ---

Scan saved at 8:25:07 PM, on 1/2/2008

Running processes:
c:\windows\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe

--
End of file - 8089 bytes

#10 htv8

htv8

• Members
  • 1,694 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:17 AM

Hello there!

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. This will be useful as there is a possibility some of the instructions will need to be carried out where internet access is NOT available. A print out of the instructions would be a good reference to make sure you don't get lost. You may also like to save these instructions in Word/Notepad to the Desktop where they can be easily found for the same reasons as above.
Also make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order in which they are mentioned below and do not miss any steps out. If you have any queries about the process or just general questions, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes.

Step #1
Copy the entire contents inside the CODE box below into Notepad - don't use any other text editor than Notepad or the script will fail.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dla\tfswctrl .exe
Click File > Save and save as Log.txt to the Desktop.

Please download sUBs' RenV.exe to the Desktop.
Download RenV.exe

Once it is downloaded, place the tool next to Log.txt.
Drag Log.txt on top of RenV.exe as shown in the screenshot below.
Posted Image

When finished, RenV.exe shall produce a new log for you. Post that log in your next reply.

Step #2
Copy the entire contents inside the CODE box below into Notepad - don't use any other text editor than Notepad or the script will fail.
File::
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\tmp.reg

Folder::
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Viewpoint

DirLook::
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\QSAWELM

Driver::
GWSAOLVNN
BVAEHN
FKUXPLFJJ
HRH
TVHJ
Click File > Save and save as CFScript.txt to the Desktop.

WARNING: The above code was created specifically for this user. If you are not this user, do NOT follow these directions.

Once the file is created:
2. Disconnect from the Internet (physically unplug/pull out CAT5 cable if you hafta).
3. VERY IMPORTANT: Temporarily disable your antivirus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection.
4. Drag CFScript.txt on top of ComboFix.exe as shown in the screenshot below. This will start ComboFix again.
.…Posted Image
5. After reboot--in case it asks to reboot--post the entire contents of ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

NOTE: Do not mouseclick ComboFix's window whilst it's running. That may cause your system to hang!

Step #3

- the RenV.exe log
- the ComboFix log
- a new HijackThis log

Posted Image

#11 leo77

leo77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:45 PM

Hi there, here are the logs:

RenV

Ran on Thu 01/03/2008 - 21:20:49.53

Entries:				1  (1)
 Directories:			0  Files:			 1
 Bytes:			114,741  Blocks:		  225

ComboFix 08-01-03.3 - Me 2008-01-03 21:26:23.5 - NTFSx86 MINIMAL
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.266 [GMT -5:00]
Command switches used :: C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Desktop\CFScript.txt

FILE

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Viewpoint
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Drivers/Services )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

-------\LEGACY_BVAEHN
-------\LEGACY_FKUXPLFJJ
-------\LEGACY_GWSAOLVNN
-------\LEGACY_HRH
-------\LEGACY_TVHJ
-------\BVAEHN
-------\FKUXPLFJJ
-------\GWSAOLVNN
-------\HRH
-------\TVHJ

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2007-12-04 to 2008-01-04 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2007-12-29 21:31 . 2007-12-29 21:31 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Trend Micro
2007-12-24 00:55 . 2008-01-02 20:01 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Application Data\U3
2007-12-23 13:22 . 2007-12-23 13:22 5,320,704 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\QSAWELM

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2008-01-03 01:11 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
2007-12-21 01:08 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec
2007-11-30 23:26 9,848 ----a-w C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Application Data\wklnhst.dat
2007-09-19 23:32 66,032 ----a-w C:\Documents and Settings\NotMe\Application Data\GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT
2007-09-19 23:32 2,890 ----a-w C:\Documents and Settings\NotMe\Application Data\wklnhst.dat

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Look )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

---- Directory of C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\QSAWELM ----

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\QSAWELM\

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( snapshot@2007-12-24_ 2.08.28.70 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
REGEDIT4

"Sonic RecordNow!"="" []
"SUPERAntiSpyware"="C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe" [2008-01-02 18:18 1318912]

"dla"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe" [ ]
"StorageGuard"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" [2008-01-02 18:17 155648]
"Microsoft Works Update Detection"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe" [2008-01-02 18:17 50688]
"SSBkgdUpdate"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe" [2008-01-02 18:17 155648]
"PaperPort PTD"="C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\pptd40nt.exe" [2008-01-02 18:17 57393]
"IndexSearch"="C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\IndexSearch.exe" [2008-01-02 18:17 40960]
"ControlCenter2.0"="C:\Program Files\Brother\ControlCenter2\brctrcen.exe" [2008-01-02 18:17 851968]
"IntelliPoint"="C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe" [2008-01-02 18:17 204800]
"ccApp"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe" [2008-01-02 18:17 115816]
"osCheck"="C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\osCheck.exe" [2008-01-02 18:17 771704]
"Windows Defender"="C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" [2008-01-02 18:17 866584]
"Symantec PIF AlertEng"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" [2008-01-02 18:17 583048]

"DWQueuedReporting"="C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\dwtrig20.exe" [2007-03-13 15:38 39264]

Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe [2005-09-23 21:05:26]
Microsoft Office.lnk - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE [2001-02-13 01:01:04]
Status Monitor.lnk - C:\Program Files\Brother\Brmfcmon\BrMfcWnd.exe [2005-12-04 18:09:54]

[hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\shellexecutehooks]
"{5AE067D3-9AFB-48E0-853A-EBB7F4A000DA}"= C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASSEH.DLL [2006-12-20 12:55 77824]

C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll 2007-04-19 12:41 294912 C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll

R3 P1130VID;Creative WebCam NX Pro;C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\P1130Vid.sys [2003-05-07 20:00]
S3 BrScnUsb;Brother USB Still Image driver;C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\BrScnUsb.sys [2003-12-19 16:15]

"2008-01-04 02:17:04 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\MP Scheduled Scan.job"
"2007-12-18 04:34:30 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\Norton Internet Security - Run Full System Scan - Me.job"

catchme 0.3.1344 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2008-01-03 21:29:19

Completion time: 2008-01-03 21:31:37 - machine was rebooted
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2008-01-04 02:31:35
ComboFix2.txt 2008-01-03 01:15:03
ComboFix3.txt 2007-12-24 15:37:06
ComboFix4.txt 2007-12-24 14:40:45
ComboFix5.txt 2007-12-24 07:09:16

Scan saved at 9:37:47 PM, on 1/3/2008

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe

--
End of file - 7987 bytes

#12 leo77

leo77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:03 PM

Hello,

I am wondering if you have any more info on what the next step should be.

Thanks for your help

#13 htv8

htv8

• Members
  • 1,694 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:23 PM

Hello again, leo77. Good job so far! :blink:

I am wondering if you have any more info on what the next step should be.

You haven't been forgotten. Please be patient a bit though as I am not checking the forums every hour or so. Moreover, I am doing this in my free time. :thumbsup:

Step #1
Close all programs so that you have nothing open and are at the Desktop.
Go to Start > Run.
In the Open: field type sfc /enable (notice the space between "sfc" and "/enable") and press the Enter key on your keyboard. This will make sure that your OS has its System File Checker enabled!

Again, go to Start > Run.
In the Open: field type sfc /scannow (notice the space between "sfc" and "/scannow") and press the Enter key on your keyboard. System File Checker will now scan your computer for corrupt or missing files, replacing them from the disk automatically. You will see a progress bar but you get no confirmation messages and it just ends. Insert your Windows installation CD when requested.

Step #2
Please download the latest version of ComboFix from any of the links below and save it to your Desktop (IMPORTANT!). Do NOT run ComboFix yet.
(1) Download ComboFix.exe
(2) Download ComboFix.exe
(3) Download ComboFix.exe
NOTE: In the event you already have ComboFix, this is a new version that I need you to download. Remove any old copies of ComboFix you may have saved. It is important to have the most recent version as ComboFix is updated almost daily.

Now copy the entire contents inside the CODE box below into Notepad - don't use any other text editor than Notepad or the script will fail.
File::

RENV::
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dla\tfswctrl .exe

Registry::
"Sonic RecordNow!"=-
Click File > Save and save as CFScript.txt to the Desktop.

WARNING: The above code was created specifically for this user. If you are not this user, do NOT follow these directions.

Once the file is created:
3. VERY IMPORTANT: Temporarily disable your antivirus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection.
4. Drag CFScript.txt on top of ComboFix.exe (as shown in the screenshot posted earlier). This will start ComboFix again.
5. After reboot--in case it asks to reboot--post the entire contents of ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Step #3
Please perform an online scan with the Kaspersky Online Scanner. To do so:
1. Go to www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner.
2. Once you are on Kaspersky's site, click on the Kaspersky Online Scanner button.
3. You will be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky. Install it.
The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files.
4. Once the files have been downloaded, click on NEXT.
5. Now click on Scan Settings.
6. In the scan settings, make sure the following are selected:
  • Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
    Extended
    (if available, otherwise Standard)
  • Scan Options:
    Scan Archives
    Scan Mail Bases
7. Click OK.
8. Now under "Select a target to scan", select My Computer.
The program will start and scan your system. NOTE: The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
9. Click on the Save as Text button and save a text file to your Desktop.
10. Copy/Paste the entire contents of that text file and post them as a reply to this topic.

Step #4

- the ComboFix log
- the Kaspersky Online Scanner report
- a new HijackThis log

Posted Image

#14 htv8

htv8

• Members
  • 1,694 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2008 - 12:07 PM

Hello leo77. Are you still monitoring this thread?

Posted Image

#15 leo77

leo77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:59 PM

Hello, I was away for few days. I am not able to run the sfc /scannow command, I get an error saying that "the RPC server is unavailable". This service does seem to be started in services. The one thing that is still strange about the PC, is the fact that it's booting up in some quasi-safe-mode state. When it boots up and after I log in, I get the cmd window, but nothing else. I start explorer and when I try to start some of the services, I am told you can't start them in safe mode. I ran the ComboFix and Hijackthis. I am not able to run Kaspersky as I am not able to get online (I am using a diff computer to get online). As always, thanks for your help.

ComboFix 08-01-04.1 - Me 2008-01-04 17:46:47.6 - NTFSx86 MINIMAL
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.271 [GMT -5:00]
Command switches used :: C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Desktop\CFScript.txt

FILE

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2007-12-04 to 2008-01-04 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2007-12-05 12:31 60,800 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\S32EVNT1.DLL
2007-10-31 00:55 625,032 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SymNeti.dll
2007-10-31 00:55 242,056 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SymRedir.dll
2007-10-30 23:42 3,590,656 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\mshtml.dll
2007-10-29 22:43 1,287,680 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\quartz.dll
2007-10-29 22:43 1,287,680 ------w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\quartz.dll
2007-10-27 22:40 222,720 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wmasf.dll
2007-10-27 22:40 222,720 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\wmasf.dll
2007-10-26 03:34 8,460,288 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\shell32.dll
2007-10-10 23:56 824,832 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\wininet.dll
2007-10-10 23:56 232,960 ------w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\webcheck.dll
2007-10-10 23:56 1,159,680 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\urlmon.dll
2007-10-10 23:55 671,232 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\mstime.dll
2007-10-10 23:55 63,488 ------w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\icardie.dll
2007-10-10 23:55 6,065,664 ------w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\ieframe.dll
2007-10-10 23:55 52,224 ------w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\msfeedsbs.dll
2007-10-10 23:55 478,208 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\mshtmled.dll
2007-10-10 23:55 459,264 ------w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\msfeeds.dll
2007-10-10 23:55 44,544 ------w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\iernonce.dll
2007-10-10 23:55 384,512 ------w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\iedkcs32.dll
2007-10-10 23:55 383,488 ------w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\ieapfltr.dll
2007-10-10 23:55 27,648 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\jsproxy.dll
2007-10-10 23:55 267,776 ------w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\iertutil.dll
2007-10-10 23:55 230,400 ------w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\ieaksie.dll
2007-10-10 23:55 214,528 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\dxtrans.dll
2007-10-10 23:55 193,024 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\msrating.dll
2007-10-10 23:55 153,088 ------w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\ieakeng.dll
2007-10-10 23:55 132,608 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\extmgr.dll
2007-10-10 23:55 124,928 ------w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\advpack.dll
2007-10-10 23:55 105,984 ------w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\url.dll
2007-10-10 23:55 102,400 ------w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\occache.dll
2007-10-10 10:59 70,656 ------w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\ie4uinit.exe
2007-10-10 10:59 625,152 ------w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\iexplore.exe
2007-10-10 10:59 13,824 ------w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\ieudinit.exe
2007-10-10 05:46 161,792 ------w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\ieakui.dll

+ 2007-12-24 03:42:40 114,741 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
REGEDIT4

"dla"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe" [2007-12-23 22:42 114741]

*Newly Created Service* - RPCLOCATOR
"2008-01-04 22:40:18 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\MP Scheduled Scan.job"

Rootkit scan 2008-01-04 17:49:13

Completion time: 2008-01-04 17:49:40
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2008-01-04 22:49:38
ComboFix2.txt 2008-01-04 02:31:37
ComboFix3.txt 2008-01-03 01:15:03
ComboFix4.txt 2007-12-24 15:37:06
ComboFix5.txt 2007-12-24 14:40:45

Scan saved at 8:48:39 PM, on 1/10/2008

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\regedit.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mmc.exe

--
End of file - 8040 bytes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users