Very new to the forums so I thought I would do an introduction / 1st build post here.
I'm looking for some advice on my first build of a new PC. While I've done plenty of upgrades to existing computers that I've owned, I've never gone from start to finish. What's good about right now is that my current PC (Dell Dimension 8100) is being occupied by my wife while she is getting her Masters online. Because of this we have both come to the conclusion that a 2nd PC would be best.
This leaves me with a lot of options. The 2 main options of course would be that I could go with another Dell or any other store bought PC for that matter, or I could build a PC to my specifications and gain a lot of knowledge in the process. I like the thought of seeing a project through from start to finish so here I am!
For the past several months I've been gaining knowledge through websites and a co-worker / friend that I share an office with about the current technology going into today’s PC's. With this knowledge and advice from my friend, I have put together a shopping list of what we both feel would make a good system for me.
The type of build I'm doing is primarily for gaming and the ability to upgrade in the future as new technology comes out and I don't plan to overclock
Here are the specs:
(1) COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 Evolution RC-830-KKR3-GP Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case Real Power Pro 1000W
(4) Antec 75003 120mm Case Fan - Retail - Model #: 75003
(1) ASUS P5N32-E SLI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail - Model #: P5N32-E SLI
(2) ASUS EN8800GT/G/HTDP/512M GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
(1) Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor Model BX80562Q6600 - Retail
(4) Kingston 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory Model KVR800D2N5/1G - Retail
(2) Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM Model #: WD1500ADFD (For RAID 0)
(1) Acer AL2216Wbd Black 22" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP support - Retail Model #: ET.2216B.0D0
(1) LITE-ON LightScribe Black 20X DVD±R Burner with 12X DVD-RAM write Black IDE Model LH-20A1H-186
Thanks in advance for all the advice to come.