Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

“the Application Or Dll C:\windows\system32\wowfx.dll Is Not A Valid Windows Image. Please Check This Against Your Installation Diskette.”

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Keith Banner

Keith Banner

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 27 December 2007 - 04:39 PM

HI, I've recently joined as I also have the system32/wowfx.dll problem. I can operate the PC at present. Have run Norton 360 and Regcure neither of which recognise the problem, although Norton reported Downloadfer.MisleadApp and one or two spyware things as fixes.

Unfortunately, I'm not too clever on PC' problem solving so any help will be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Shaba

Shaba

Koutsi

• Members
  • 7,872 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:19 AM

Hi Keith Banner

Click here to download HJTInstall.exe
  • Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
  • Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
  • Click on Install.
  • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
  • Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
  • DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Shaba

Shaba

Koutsi

• Members
  • 7,872 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 20 January 2008 - 01:46 PM

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security
Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users