I'm having a 3 weeks and going problem with sending my Zip files Autoruns Folder to AVG Internet Security they are trying to scan my PC to make sure I do not have any of the viruses in earlier emails
sent to them..I pretty much understand how to unzip the files and Extract but I get LOST where to go when transfering the avgproci.txt file to them:
This is what they want:
1. Save attached avgproci.zip archive to your disk (Unsure how to save on that site)
2. Create a new flder (e.g. C:\Autoruns). (Not Sure totally on desktop)
3. Double click on "avgproci.zip" archive (new window should appear)
4. Select all files in this window, right click on the last one and select "Copy" option from context menu
5. Navigate to C:\Autoruns folder (Unsure how to navigate)
6. Right click in this folder and select "Paste" option from the context menu
7. Then please download the Autoruns utility from this webpage:
8. Double click on download file (Autoruns.zip) and a new window should appear.
9. Select all files in this window, right-click on the last one and select "Copy" option from context menu
10. Navigate to C:\ Autoruns folder
11. Right-click in this folder and select "Paste" option from context menu
12. Double click on "avgproci.bat" file and wait until all operations are completed
13. Now you will see the avgproci.txt file created in the same folder
14. Please send us the "avgproci.txt" file
I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL WAYS TO DO THIS I AM NOT PROFESSIONAL WHEN IT COME TO THESE PROCEDURES I HONESTLY FEEL STUPID THAT I CANNOT COMPLETE THIS
Would you have to have a email of what my dnload was pertaining to the zip files in question?
Edited by rigel, 27 December 2007 - 01:53 PM.
Mod edit - Fixed tags ~ rigel