Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton Systemworks

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kazcheff

kazcheff

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 27 February 2005 - 09:08 PM

For some reason Norton Systemworks became corrupt that the application made
my system hang, lock up or just fail to start.

Thus, I also lost the uninstaller for the application. I've manually removed all the files and folders relating to "System Works", and, some references in the Registry, (using HiJack This).

The problem is that the new anti virus software I've installed is finding references to "systemworks" and is not loading all of its tools.

Anyone with a comment please post to this thread or shoot an E-Mail to [removed]
Thanks!

Moderator Edit: I have removed the poster's Email address to prevent any spambots from harvesting it. JGW

Edited by jgweed, 27 February 2005 - 10:42 PM.

Never Slap A Man In The Face When He's Chewin' Tobacco.
Will Rogers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 27 February 2005 - 09:55 PM

Hi kazcheff, :thumbsup: to BC.

Systemworks doesn't put an uninstaller in your all programs folder, you have to go to add/remove programs on the control panel to remove it. By manually removing files and folders you probably made using that option impossible. Your best bet would be to reinstall and then remove systemworks.
There is no justice, there is just us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users