Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mzozilla Firefox

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Richard ken

Richard ken

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:44 AM

When i tried to restart Mozilla Firefox and install it again the tool bar won't pop back up please help?! http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/dd176/d...ent=Restart.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 27 December 2007 - 02:11 PM

Remove the Add-on then redownload and try again
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Richard ken

Richard ken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:40 AM

Yeah I remove all the add-on and redownload one of the add-on but when i reopen again somehow nothing change and all the add-on were back and the one i didn't remove was the talkback so please help me!?

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2007 - 01:07 PM

Just so I understand you correctly. Which add-on do you wish to keep and which ones do you want to get rid off?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 Richard ken

Richard ken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2007 - 08:38 AM

I want to keep all of them but the only problem is that i can't use them sorry if i made you confused!? Also can you see the picture well or is it blocked?

Edited by Richard ken, 29 December 2007 - 09:28 AM.

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2007 - 01:11 PM

Three things come to mind. Are you using a pop-up blocker? If so, try turning it off. Where did you download the add-ons from, Mozilla? If yes, try downloading the Yahoo toolbar from there site and see if that works. Third, The reason Firefox prompts you to reboot is to run an application that's called DOM Inspector. It's purpose is to verify the integrity of what you want to install. It could possibly be corrupt or missing. You might try uninstalling Firefox, then reinstall it
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

#7 Richard ken

Richard ken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:33 PM

I was using a ad blocker but that was before I got Google accelerator, and i have no idea how to turn it off and also there is something strange when i uninstall Google accelerator from my computer, in my Mozilla Firefox add-on it doesn't disappear and all the option that add-on have can't be clicked. I downloaded the add-on from Mozilla official website and the other in Google website and also Yahoo toolbar in yahoo site. Also I uninstall firefox and then reinstall it but nothing changed and i had a weird sign on the talkback add-on like a red this ! on the puzzle piece and also i didn't tried DOM inspector yet because I can't find it! Please help me like how to get it and what to do it because i totally lost at these stuff!

Edited by Richard ken, 29 December 2007 - 05:58 PM.

#8 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:58 AM

Also I uninstall firefox and then reinstall it but nothing changed ....

Did you do a simple uninstall, using Add/Remove programs, or did you do a complete uninstall?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 Richard ken

Richard ken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2007 - 09:56 AM

I simple used Add/Remove programs why?

#10 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2007 - 07:11 PM

Using Add/Remove doesn't completely remove, all of Firefox.
It leaves behind the Profile folder, which if it has become corrupt, could be causing your problems.
To completely uninstall Firefox, you will need to delete your Profile folder.
This folder retains all of your previous settings, and will re-apply them to your new install, if it's not deleted.
That's why, when you install a new version of Firefox, your previous settings, bookmarks, passwords, etc., all remain the same.
For a fresh (start from scratch) install, this folder has to be removed.

You will have to go back and redo all of your personal settings (Options), as deleting the Profile folder will erase everything Firefox related.
You will be starting with a clean slate.

Saving Bookmarks:
You might want to make a copy of the Bookmark.html file, before you uninstall, and save it to somewhere you'll be able to find it, later.
This is where all of your Bookmarks (Favorites) are stored.

1. Set windows to show hidden files:
How to see hidden files in Windows

2. Navigate to:
C:\ Documents and Settings \ "your user name" \ Application Data \ Mozilla \ Firefox \ Profiles \ default.random characters \ Bookmark.html

3. Make a copy of the Bookmark.html file, and save it to some place where you can find it, later.

Then, after the new install is complete, before starting Firfox, you can replace the new Bookmark.html you just created, with the old one, you just copied.
That way, you'll have all of your Bookmarks back.

Uninstall/Reinstall:

1. Download a fresh copy of Firefox.

2. Uninstall your current version of Firefox from Add/Remove programs.

3. Navigate to:
C:\ Documents and Settings \ "your user name" \ Application Data \ Mozilla \ Firefox \ Profiles

4. Delete the Profiles folder.

If you installed Talkback during custom install, navigate to C:\ Documents and Settings \ "your user name" \ Application Data \ Talkback \ MozillaOrg folder
Delete all Firefox(somenumber) folders found, for example; "Firefox10", "Firefox15", and "Firefox2".

5. Now, navigate to:
C: \ Program Files \ Mozilla Firefox, and delete that folder.

6. Reinstall your fresh version of Firefox.

Restoring Bookmarks:

1. Before restarting Firefox, navigate to, C:\ Documents and Settings \ "your user name" \ Application Data \ Mozilla \ Firefox \ Profiles \ default.random characters \ Bookmark.html

2. Delete the Bookmark.html file.

3. Replace the Bookmark.html file, you just deleted, with the one you copied in Step 3, under the Saving Bookmarks: section, above.

4. Restart Firefox, and see if it works.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

#11 Richard ken

Richard ken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2007 - 09:35 PM

Yeah I have a situation i did most of the thing you said but when i tried to put my copy the profile folder was not there and when i tried opening it this popup up:http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/dd176/dragonfirerobot/?action=view&current=gafgaf.jpg please help?!

#12 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2007 - 10:00 PM

See if this helps:
Profile in use

#13 Richard ken

Richard ken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:35 AM

Yeah that forum help me a lot seems that i had to delete profiles.ini file too to get Firefox opening and my firefox now could work the add-on so thank you guys so much for your help!

Edited by Richard ken, 31 December 2007 - 09:47 AM.

#14 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2007 - 10:58 AM

You're welcome, Richard ken.
Glad to be of help.

#15 Richard ken

Richard ken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:00 PM

I have an off topic question, when i did this procedure(1. Set windows to show hidden files:
How to see hidden files in Windows) I found a lot of stuff that i remember uninstalling them, is it okay if i delete the useless program that i don't use anymore?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users