Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error 0x80072f78 / Windows Update Of Windows Vista

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Exu

Exu

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 27 December 2007 - 08:39 AM

I installed here Windows Vista Home Basic, version 6.0.6000 ( Vista Retail ) final version.
Windows activated and validated by Microsoft.
When I enter in Windows Update, it shows searching for updates, and than I get error code: 0x80072F78.
In the Microsoft site, I found the following kb:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941/pt-br

But it works only on Windows XP.
So, I desabled Avast but the error was still the same.
I also desabled Windows Firewall, but the error is the same.With Windows Defender I have the same error code.
In another forum, the teched me following commands:

netsh winsock reset (restart)

netsh winhttp proxy>reset (restart)

net.exe stop wuauserv
cd /d %windir%
rd /s softwaredistribution
REGSVR32 %windir%\system32\wuapi.dll
REGSVR32 %windir%\system32\wuaueng.dll
REGSVR32 %windir%\system32\wucltux.dll
REGSVR32 %windir%\system32\wups.dll
REGSVR32 %windir%\system32\msxml3.dll
net.exe start wuauserv

They also teached me to delet SoftwareDistribution and CatRoot 2
So, I formated my computer and installed Vista Home Premium, but this time without installing any kind of program. I installed and tried the updates but with the same error code.
Disabled Firewall, and the same error code.
I installed also a Microsoft Certificate, but nothing.
So, I manual downloaded under Update catalogue the first updates of Windows Vista from January 2007, and I didnīt have any kind of installing them.
So, I downloaded the only three updates for Vista from February 2007, but those, I couldnīt install.

Please, how can I resolve this problem. What I need to do to make my Windows Update work?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users