Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adding Option Right Click Menu

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jfirestorm44

jfirestorm44

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 27 December 2007 - 02:21 AM

What I am trying to do is add the "safely remove hardware" to my right click menu on the desktop. I have found guide after guide on how to delete unwanted options from the menu but I can't find how to add this option to the menu. Any help with doing this would be appriciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 27 December 2007 - 03:02 AM

If you have a device like a flash drive in one of the USB ports there should be a icon in the task bar which when you move you pointer onto it will read Safely Remove Hardware. Is this what you want?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 jfirestorm44

jfirestorm44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 27 December 2007 - 03:07 AM

Well the thing is I use objectdock and I have the option hide start bar set. And I don't want to have to change this everytime I want to click on it in the system tray to pull out a usb device. It would be a lot easier if I could just right click the desktop and have the option there, If it's possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users