Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijack This Log

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 newbiemama

newbiemama

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 27 December 2007 - 12:54 AM

Hey there,
I have run numerous virus and adware programs. This is my first time doing this so forgive me if I do this wrong! I ran hijack this but don't quite know what to remove. So if someone could help me in choosing what should be removed it would be much apprieciated!!!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:46 AM

Hi newbiemama,

Our apologies for the delay--we are really swamped lately. If you still require help, please post a new fresh log so I can see if anything has changed.

If you have not done so already, please do the initial cleanup steps in the following instructions before posting your new log: Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log

Also, please review the instructions in that thread for downloading the self-extracting verison of HijackThis. You must extract (unzip) HijackThis, otherwise the backups made when items are fixed won't be secure. The easiest way to accomplish this is to reinstall and delete any copies of HijackThis.zip you may have saved. Or follow these simple instructions:

Please download the self-extracting version of HijackThis from here:

HijackThis Installer Download

Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.

Double-click the file then click the Install button.

The file will be extracted to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
A shortcut for future use will also be created on your desktop and the Intro Frame of HijackThis will open.

Click Do a system scan and save a log file. Copy the entire contents of that log and post it here by clicking the Add Reply button.

Please use the shortcut to run the extracted HijackThis.exe from now on. Delete any copies of HijackThis.zip that you have saved.

Also open HijackThis.

Click Open Misc Tools Section.

Now click the Open Uninstall Manager button, then the Save List button. Save the list somewhere convenient like My Documents and then the list will open in Notepad. Copy and Paste that list into your next reply to this post.

Also please post your logs and information rather than attaching them--use copy and paste. Then please describe any issues or behavior of your computer that caused you to post your log. At first glance I don't see any malware, which is what we use HijackThis for.

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users