Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Delay In Internet At Startup

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 eggy1004

eggy1004

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 26 December 2007 - 08:53 PM

i seem to have a very annoying problem with the delay effect of my internet when i start up my computer.
after it starts, i don't have internet connection, nor the little computer icon thingy.
i would have to open up network connections, it would freeze maybe a couple of secs to a minute and then comes back, with the internet, and the computer recognized new hardware popup. altogether.

anything internet related i would try to open up at start up, freezes untill that delayed gap, and then comes back..

i recently had a malware,adware issue, and then i did a new clean setup of windows xp.
after i had some internet issues, where i couldn't get internet connection. after having to redownload some drivers, i think i had this delayed problem after getting the internet connection back. i didn't really notice because i would put my laptop to hibernate. so when i restart or shutdown the computer and reboot i get this problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 27 December 2007 - 05:39 AM

Have a look in the Event Viewer for any errors when you boot.

To open the Event Viewer go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer. Alternately, go to Start > Run and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

Check in all the categories (Application, Security, System and Internet Explorer).

If you find an error that occurred at boot right-click on it and select properties. Copy the information in the window and post it back here. This will help us diagnose your problem.

How To Use the Event Viewer
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2007 - 07:52 AM

I wonder if this is a delayed start because of the reinstallation of the drivers. I "think" that installation order has something to do with the order that it starts up. If this is the case, here's a KB article on how to change the order of drivers loading: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;115486
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 eggy1004

eggy1004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2007 - 07:35 PM

i did have some errors, but i don't think none of them is from boot
does the source have to say boot?

in the system section, i had a bunch of error's and warnigs.. like mayeba couple dozens.
is that a normal thing? the source to many of them says sidebyside.

for usama.. the website you have me, the info is just so overwhelming i can't quite understand what to do.

Edited by eggy1004, 27 December 2007 - 07:36 PM.

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 28 December 2007 - 04:12 AM

i did have some errors, but i don't think none of them is from boot
does the source have to say boot?

It doesn't have to say boot. Just look at the times of the errors and see if any match the time you booted. It's normal to see quite a lot of errors and warnings in the Event Viewer - at least mine is full of them.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 28 December 2007 - 04:29 AM

It's normal to see quite a lot of errors and warnings in the Event Viewer - at least mine is full of them.

Not mine. :thumbsup:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 28 December 2007 - 07:54 AM

LOL...some of the errors (master browser selection, time synch failure) don't require immediate attention necessarily, but most of my errors logged indicate something I should address (hard drive, program problems, etc.).

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/...-070514-5200-99

Louis

#8 eggy1004

eggy1004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2007 - 11:34 PM

i don't know if you'd say but i had put up a screen shot of the event viewer... im not seeing it so i guess it didn't upload.
anyways just restarted by comp and i have a warningn instead of a error at boot.
source is DHCP AND IT SAYS

Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0018F3D6003F. The following error occurred:
The operation was canceled by the user. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

DOES THIS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE DELAYED STARTUP?

OH AND I HAVE TO CORRECT MYSELF, ON THE TIMEFRAME OF THE STARTUP. I MENTIONED COUPLE OF SECS, BUT IT'S MORE LIKE COUPLE OF MINUTES.

Attached Files

Edited by eggy1004, 31 December 2007 - 11:36 PM.

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2007 - 11:54 PM

This could be a symptom of your not being able to connect right away - but it says that it was canceled by the user. If you didn't cancel it, then some program is doing it for you - which could explain a delay in connecting.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#10 eggy1004

eggy1004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2008 - 12:00 AM

so this message
"Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0018F3D6003F. The following error occurred:
The operation was canceled by the user. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server."
it has something to do with my problem to the delayed connection?

i didn't cancel.. or for some reason unknowlingly im canceling. is there a way i could find out why it's canceling?

#11 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:39 AM

I'm at work right now (don't tell my boss! :thumbsup: but you can try looking at the Application portion of the Event Viewer to see what's opening prior to this error.

I'm starting to suspect that this is either a remnant of the malware removal, or that there is still some malware on your system.

As such, I'd perform these free, online scans:
http://safety.live.com
http://housecall.trendmicro.com

If they show that you're still infected, I'd suggest visiting this forum for more help: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

If the scans come up clean, then I'd have to suggest a repair install of Windows. Do you have IE7 installed? If so, you'll have to remove it before performing the repair install located here: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Here's a link to the Microsoft article on repair installs and IE7: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917964

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users