Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Forgotten Administrator Password

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 charlea

charlea

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 26 December 2007 - 06:03 PM

Can anyone help me with a forgotten password problem please .. for silly reasons the Administrator Password has been forgotten on my nieces laptop, running Vista, which I have no knowledge of. I tried booting up in safe mode as I would in XP but it takes me directly to the two accounts (eg the admin account we set for the parental controls and my nieces standard account) and is wanting a password, which of course we have forgotten! Gone is the 'Administrator' account you could bypass all that and make relevant changes.

Does anyone have a clue how to get around this problem easily?

Thanks in anticipation :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tomo2

Tomo2

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 26 December 2007 - 06:58 PM

There are various other helpful tips on this subject, just google it.
The Offline NT Password & Registry editor http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ is a very good tool. You will need to create a boot disk or floppy to run it from, but if the pc supports it boot from USB or any other boot device. Search the name and it will turn up a tutorial somewhere. Or the same site.

L&P, World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago!
Posted Image
Avast! Antivirus : Spybot S&D : Trend Micro Housecall : Hosts file : HiJack This
Don't be too open minded - your brains will fall out

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:38 PM

It is against the policy of BleepingComputer to provide information on methods to reset or bypass the Administrator password. Though your question is most likely legitimate, there are others who may read this topic and use the information for less purposeful reasons.
It is for these reasons we do not provide this type of information.

Reference: Bleeping Computer Board Rules http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/boardrules.php

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a private message.
Thank you for understanding.

This thread is closed.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users