Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Audio Device

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Vladimir K

Vladimir K

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 26 December 2007 - 05:41 PM

I have: Gateway M675 laptop; Win XP pro; SigmaTel C-Major Audio; Control Panel / System / Device Manager / Sound Video Game Controllers \ SigmaTel C-Major Audio device is working properly; I am also getting: that device driver is not loaded. Device Volume Control is grayed out with remark: No Audio Device.
There is no sound except when using DXDIAG Music Tab Test DirectMusic. Thus I conclude that hardware is OK. Test DirectSound results in: Error in step 3.
In Control Panel \ Administrative Tools \ Services: when looking at properties of SigService server the service that should start automatically is Stopped. Clicking on Start comes back with a message: 'Path to the executable cannot be found' - here I assume that by executable is meant a SigmaTel device driver. I have already reinstalled the audio driver from installation CD and also a new updated driver from Gateway driver updates. Result is still same.
I assume that problem is somewhere in registry however I do not know how to find and correct it. Also, I do not know after which (program, utility, registry cleaner etc.) this happened.
Please, help.
Sincerely, Vladimir

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 26 December 2007 - 08:42 PM

The only thing I can think of is possible file corruption.

When I have sound problems, I just remove everything from Device Manager that is related to sound...reboot and reinstall all sound drivers (and other sound software, if I use it).

It normally works for me. When it doesn't, I just pull out one of my PCI soundcards, install it on the system in question, install drivers, and enjoy what I had been missing.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users