Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tempurature

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Gumpy01

Gumpy01

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 26 December 2007 - 05:06 PM

Hiyas,

With all of this talk about heat that I have been reading, I became curious on how hot my gpu was running. I have seen 67 celsius after playing games for a few hours. Do I need additional cooling for my video card? I am running an EVGA 8800GT KO 512Mb. My case is a Coolmaster CM690 with 5 fans running.

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 26 December 2007 - 05:17 PM

I would't worry about it. If you don't notice any artifacts ( Like wierd textures, or the "snow" effect ) or stability problems, you're fine. 67 is a little warm but well within reasonable temps for a video card.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#3 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 26 December 2007 - 05:43 PM

I dont think the temperature would go above 67 because you have 5 fans running.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2007 - 08:48 PM

Five fans could be counter productive unless they are set to work together, ie intake and exhaust in a stream.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Gumpy01

Gumpy01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2007 - 10:06 PM

Thank you all. I do have 5 fans working. The top and rear are exhaust. The front and two side ones are intake. The front brings in cooler air over the HDs and the two sides bring in cooler air to the GPU and Mobo. I have never seen the temp get over 67 celcius so thats cool.

#6 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:18 PM

IMO, if it ain't broke (and the temp isn't too high) don't fix it.

Posted Image

#7 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:20 AM

EVGA 8800GT Fanspeed BIOS Update

We have released a new BIOS's for the EVGA 8800GT's that makes some adjustments to the fanspeed autosensor.

Basically the fanspeed ramps up quicker, and more gradually as the temperature increases. This update can lower the GPU operating temperature by about 10c under load.

Also, all new EVGA shipping boards will have this change in place, we have this posted for those of you with existing cards. You can find this BIOS on the EVGA downloads page, or below.

This BIOS is for those who wish their fanspeed to spin up quicker, there are no other changes.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#8 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:45 AM

http://www.techspot.com/review/79-geforce-...512/page11.html

try crysis with high settings if you want to redline that gpu and if the rest of your system is up to it?

those temps are scary

Edited by DaChew, 01 January 2008 - 08:55 AM.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#9 Gumpy01

Gumpy01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:49 PM

Hey Folks,

first of all Thank you for the input..it really is very much appreciated. As for Crysis..I played it pretty much maxxed except for antiliasing which was set at the midpoint. The maximum temp the gpu reached was 67F. I think thats good compared to what I just saw on the link.

Thanks again evryone!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users