Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thank You Grinler

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 saint satin stain

saint satin stain

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 26 December 2007 - 11:09 AM

I haven't had to use your guides for myself, but several family and friends benefitted from your guide. You helped them, through me, and made me look good. Thank you for your guides. I always tell the recipients of your advice the source. I also tell them to join an online forum like BleepingComputer, most dont unfortunately. So you make this pretender to geekdom look like ubergeek. Even though I tell them that it is Grinler's solution, they do not care about where, how, from whom; they just want their computers fixed. I say, that attitude is dangerous; it is why you got infected. Several years ago I got tired of helping folk with their computers, so I began to charge a little fee. Didn't discourage them. I call these friends and family part of the point and shoot folk; folk who only want their computers to work. I am not saying that they should become computer tech, but just learn to operate a computer safely, pay attention to what they download.

Thank you, Grinler, you make me look good. MERRY HAPPY to you.

saint satin stain
Responsible for what I say,
not for what you understand.
www.leftinalabama.com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 26 December 2007 - 02:43 PM

Talk about kissing up to the Head Honcho :thumbsup:
I frequent other sites but this one's always first on my list of recommendations, also
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 saint satin stain

saint satin stain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 26 December 2007 - 07:09 PM

He's the head honcho? If I had known that I'd have waxed more eloquent. What can the head honcho do? Punish folk who disagree with me? Send bad vibes to their computers? Heck, I praised the lil boy next door who showed me he basics of operating a computer. He showed me in one lesson how to operate one, not just push and hope. He said right click an icon and the menu says what you can do with the program or feature. That first lesson was the most important; after that it was filling in the spaces. I am old, 65, and my last years will fill with learning.

So G is the big boss, eh? I couldn't have chosen the better one to praise.

saint satin stain
Responsible for what I say,
not for what you understand.
www.leftinalabama.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users