Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow Pc And Several Error Messages

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 missmuffit47

missmuffit47

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 26 December 2007 - 09:56 AM

I have a laptop that was preloaded with Norton Anti virus software I let it run until the trial finished then i tried my ISP free security software (Virgin Media's PC Guard) but had some problems with that so I went back to AVG antivirus along with Spybot, Now when I boot up the PC it is slow then when it finishes booting I get the message........ Rps-exe unable to locate component (in title bar of the box) in the body of the box the message says .... INRH-DLL not foundr einstall may solve the problem, I click OK then get ...ZK RUNONCE.exe unablr to locate component ....... I un/reinstalled Spybot but made no difference.
I uninstalled Norton via Control panel as I was not aware there is a tool for it's removal (I do not know what version Norton was now)
I have asked this question on PC advisor and someone recommended I come here, can anyonr help?
Use Win XP home sp2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 26 December 2007 - 10:33 AM

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool (clickable link)

The tool covers 2003-2008.
Running the removal tool may not solve all your issues, but it will get
the remnants of Norton off you computer.

Preloaded Norton-was it antivirus only or was firewall also included? If included and you uninstalled, what firewall are you currently using?

Edited by Queen-Evie, 26 December 2007 - 10:38 AM.

#3 missmuffit47

missmuffit47
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2007 - 10:51 AM

Thanks Queen-Evie
The Norton was the complete security suite, I now use just the one that is included with win XP, is this OK?

#4 missmuffit47

missmuffit47
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2007 - 01:27 PM

found the error message was being caused by an old application of PC Guard, I do not know exactly what it was but after getting rid of some files that had been left after uninstalling software, the problem is solved.

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 26 December 2007 - 01:49 PM

Thanks Queen-Evie
The Norton was the complete security suite, I now use just the one that is included with win XP, is this OK?

If you are referring to the firewall, it's adequate, but there are other choices listed here
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 26 December 2007 - 02:19 PM

Rereading your post, you might be infected, nrh.dll is not listed anywhere which is a cause for concern. Installing an anti-virus program, after the fact, does not always work. Kind of like closing the barn door after the horse got out. I recommend posting hereand maybe read this The people that frequent that forum will give you better guidance. It's located further down the main forum page
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users