Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Drivers? Help Me Please

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 i3utteflikizzez

i3utteflikizzez

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 26 December 2007 - 12:18 AM

ok i got a zune today for christmas and i've installed all the software and clicked the icon on my desktop and it just comes up with a white screen!!! so i went on a zune message board and someone told me my grapichs drivers need to be updated BUT i dont know how to do that.. and they didnt either.. big help.. im frustrated and would love to get this working so i dont have to go get an ipod instead! my graphic driver is RADEON 9500 PRO / 9700 manufactured by ATI tech INC.. my dad built my computer also i dont know if that makes any differnce... ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE HELP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mme

mme

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 26 December 2007 - 12:42 AM

go to control panel
system
hardware
device manager
are there yellow or red marks
check sound and video game controllers
right click on vidieo and update

also update display in the device manager
click on + and right click on drivers
choose update

#3 Lucky23

Lucky23

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2007 - 03:01 AM

You should be able to go to the website of ATI or which ever manufacture made you card and be able to download the new drivers. Normally on the websit it will say Downloads or Drivers with a drop down window of all the cards they make. Just select yours and it should pull up the latest drivers for you card.
Centurion 5 Case~GA-P35-DS3L Rev2.0~E6550~EVGA 8800GS~3GB GSkill~Cooler Master 650 PRO~Seagate 320GB SATA II~ 2 ASUS 20X Burners~Sound Blaster Audigy SE~ZeroTherm CF900~Acer 22" P221W

#4 i3utteflikizzez

i3utteflikizzez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 26 December 2007 - 10:06 AM

i've tryed that it says i have the latest version but my zune software still wont work!! i think im just gonna get an i pod and return the zune!

#5 Lucky23

Lucky23

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2007 - 01:42 PM

I dont know why the screen would turn white.

After you downloaded the newest driver did you go to start, Control pannel, system, hardware, device manager, Then you need to right click the ATI driver under display adapters and go to properties, then click drivers and update drivers.

Some times just downloading the driver wont update it, it will some times just save to your comp and you will have to click update and select the driver you just downloaded as the update driver.

Then you should see under properties the driver version after update is complete.
Centurion 5 Case~GA-P35-DS3L Rev2.0~E6550~EVGA 8800GS~3GB GSkill~Cooler Master 650 PRO~Seagate 320GB SATA II~ 2 ASUS 20X Burners~Sound Blaster Audigy SE~ZeroTherm CF900~Acer 22" P221W

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users