Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reloaded Vista And Need All The Drivers Again

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fablefifty

fablefifty

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 26 December 2007 - 12:01 AM

Hi Everyone... I just want everyone to know before reading that i know very little about computers... I just bought a new Gateway GT5628 computer. It has Windows Vista and i wanted Xp on it. I had my friend try to load Xp onto the computer and it didn't work. So he formated the harddrive and tried again and it still wont work. so we took the Cd that came with the computer and loaded vista back on. Now i dont have and of the drivers that it had on it. Where do i get what i need to run the programs that came on the computer? Or download? Cd/Dvd light scribe is the main thing that i noticed dosent work. i put a blank cd in and it doesn't do anything.

Any input would help greatly.... Thanks :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 26 December 2007 - 07:45 AM

Gateways generally come with a separate driver disk, or you're prompted to make one when you first turn the computer on.
If you don't hae that disk, then you'll either have to contact Gateway for a copy of the Drivers and Applications CD/DVD
Also, you can download the drivers from the Gateway website - but this won't include the built-in applications.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 26 December 2007 - 05:11 PM

Here is a link to Gateway, you will have to enter your serial number as the model number gave me to many choices http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/dlcenter.asp
MCP
MSDST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users