Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Choose A Wireless Network Screen In Xp

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wiredblue

wiredblue

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 25 December 2007 - 11:41 PM

I previously had Windows Zero Configuration disabled, while using another wireless connection software (Toshiba ConfigFree), but recently decided to go back to WZC. Going back because my girlfriends account could only connect to internet if I connected first under my account. Then after awhile she couldn't connect at all.

The issue I’m experiencing is I have two accounts on my laptop, mine and my girlfriend. On her account the Wireless connection icon appears on her startup menu showing a good connection. I click to ‘View available wireless connections’ and can see a list of wireless networks listed in ‘Choose a wireless network’ – showing my SSID as well, but when I log into my account, I can connect to the internet, but I don’t get the Wireless connection icon, nor do I get a list of wireless networks listed in ‘Choose a wireless network’ – no SSID showing.
What I do get is a message ‘Windows cannot configure this wireless connection. If you have enabled another program to manage this wireless connection, use that software’.
As I have mentioned above I had Toshiba ConfigFree installed but uninstalled it and re-enabled (restarted WZC). What do I need to do to get the list of wireless networks to show up as well as have the wireless connection icon reappear on my startup menu?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 31 December 2007 - 01:32 PM

Click start>run> and type services.msc . Make sure that your wireless zero configuration is set to Automatic on startup.

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users