Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Connection Says Connected At Excellent Strength But My Browser Cannot Find Server And Says I Am Not Connected

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 goodman1970

goodman1970

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 25 December 2007 - 02:41 PM

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with wireless capability, and I have run the connection wizard and successfully created a connection to my home network. My computer tells me I am connected to the network at excellent strength but I cant get anything online. Browser says cannot find server. I have been looking at Toshiba, Microsoft, and Windows tech support pages and I have done everything fromredoing the network wizard to running ipconfig/all, ipconfig/release, and ipconfig/renew. It tells me that my ip adress is 192.168.0.127%2, which the web page says is indicative of having wireless adaptor problems. In the view connections page I have a local internet connection which says a network cable is unplugged, a loopback connector for Xdrive, and a 1394 wireless adaptor, and another wireless adaptor. All of these are also listed in my SUMMIT connectivity doctor, which says that it is unable to connect. I am not well versed in computers and Im about freaked out here. I use this laptop for my job and it quit working (internet) about a month ago. Can someone please help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users