Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blank White Page On A Particular Site

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 CrashAriMP5N2O

CrashAriMP5N2O

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 25 December 2007 - 01:46 PM

Hello everyone. I've had this problem just recently and has been persisting for 2 days now. I try to go on a particular site (www.crunchyroll.com) and all it does is display a blank page, even if it says done. No error messages are displayed, just plain white background. I was able to view that site 3 days ago perfectly on both the laptop and the desktop. Now neither computer could view that site.

I looked up some information regarding that problem but all I can understand is a probable mistake in php. The site should still exist because I've asked my friend to view it on her comp and she could view it. I'm also wondering if this is related to the trend where I can't view some youtube videos that I was previously able to view. It just says loading on the video screen indefinitely (having all other material on the page successfully loaded and showing) while some videos are functioning. That problem too also occured just about 3 days ago.

Both the desktop and the laptop are Windows XP and both use Internet Explorer as its browser. If there is a way to resolve this problem, please let me know. If there is already a page regarding this problem, please refer. Thanks. So far only crunchyroll can't be viewed. All other sites I frequently visit can be viewed.
Posted Image
"You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind!"
~SS~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 25 December 2007 - 06:12 PM

6:00 PM and I succeeded. Why don't you try again Also try deleting all your cookies, history and temp. files
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 CrashAriMP5N2O

CrashAriMP5N2O
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2007 - 01:35 AM

10:30 PM my time. Unable to view the page still after above procedures were completed. I was at my uncle's earlier today and I could view it there.

This time around I get a Dell search page when it fails to load the page. I took snapshots of what happens when I try to access the site from the address bar and when I try to access it from a search engine (in this case it's yahoo)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
~SS~

#4 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 26 December 2007 - 06:36 AM

suggest go to tools/internet options/delete cookies/delete files/clear history/

then assuming that THIS

http://www.crunchyroll.com/
is the page you cannot open , will it now?

#5 CrashAriMP5N2O

CrashAriMP5N2O
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2007 - 12:36 PM

Cleared history and deleted all files and cookies. Still can't view the site. The process involves the green bar loading on the bottom indicating the page is loading. On the bottom left bar says "Connecting to site 64.71.156.9". Then the quote is replaced by done and the loading bar has disappeared. It says http://www.crunchyroll.com/ on the address bar as well as the IE tab but the page is completely blank.

I believe someone else is having the same problem recently stating he can't go on particular sites in another thread.
Posted Image
~SS~

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2007 - 12:43 PM

Maybe I'm confused. Can you access the main page and then when you login this happens or you can't access anything at all?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#7 CrashAriMP5N2O

CrashAriMP5N2O
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2007 - 05:43 PM

I can't access anything at all. Just a blank page, not even the main site where I can choose to log in. I can't link to subpages, forums, or even it's own wiki pages. Anything about that site is unviewable to my laptop or the desktop. In the desktop it says the page cannot be viewed.

Rightclicked the page itself. It says not available in the general tab.

Edited by CrashAriMP5N2O, 26 December 2007 - 05:46 PM.

Posted Image
~SS~

#8 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2007 - 05:56 PM

just a thought; with the unviewable page 'open' go to tools/internet options/privacy

what is the tag set as?what setting is shown there?

I am also wondering if your ISP has for some reason 'blocked' the page as BOTH your computers are affected; OR do you have a router or similar or firewall that needs adjusting?

#9 CrashAriMP5N2O

CrashAriMP5N2O
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2007 - 09:57 PM

I'm not sure what you're referring to as what tag it is but the setting is set to custom.

I have no idea how my ISP could have blocked the site because I never touched ISP stuff. I do have a router, Linkseys and firewalls come from McAfee. Not sure if they need adjusting.
Posted Image
~SS~

#10 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2007 - 10:44 PM

What she is saying is that your internet provider is blocking it on their end for some reasons, such as abnormally high download traffic or the transfer of questionable copyrighted material. Which, by reading about that site, might be a possibility
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

#11 CrashAriMP5N2O

CrashAriMP5N2O
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2007 - 11:28 PM

I think I get what you're saying. Though this problem is a bit odd since it's just days old and we've had our internet provider for months now. Would you suggest that I contact my provider's customer support in making override changes if that is that case?
Posted Image
~SS~

#12 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2007 - 09:02 AM

I have just accessed the site on a completely independent computer not connected to any of my own protection ; my suggestion is to check your firewall settings and also contact your ISP to ask if they HAVE blocked the site ; if your ISP confirms they have NOT blocked the site then the 'problem' must, I suggest, be with your settings or your firewall as obviously others CAN access it who are NOT using your computer systems ; how much protection firewall -wise do you have?

#13 CrashAriMP5N2O

CrashAriMP5N2O
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2007 - 02:38 PM

Security level is at trusting in my firewall settings. There are no banned IP addresses stored. I'll contact my ISP and see if they have indeed blocked the site.
Posted Image
~SS~

#14 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2007 - 02:46 PM

just as a pure matter of interest, when did you last update and run on a full deep scan your Mcaffee and what other scans if any have you run?

Edited by ruby1, 27 December 2007 - 02:48 PM.

#15 CrashAriMP5N2O

CrashAriMP5N2O
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2007 - 05:45 PM

McAfee runs every Friday morning so it was last Dec. 21. Even after the scan it was working that Friday but stopped working the next day. No other scans and updates were available in that time period.
Posted Image
~SS~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users