Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Say If I Wanted To Email A File And Zip It.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bamamcall

Bamamcall

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 25 December 2007 - 12:29 AM

What is the best way to go. i know about WinZip. Is Winzip a common name for all zip or is WinZip a brand? Also where can I find it? When I download zipped stuff it unzips but I can't find the program.

My question is in the middle of the ramble is what is the best (always free) program to use to zip and unzip.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2007 - 12:50 AM

Winzip is the name of the program. I''ve used it, back when I had it it was free, but, always wanting you to buy it. I now use 7zip, which is free. You can find it here in the "All other Applications" section under the "free replacements" topic at the top of the page. 7zip is easy to use and takes up less space than Winzip. (I think) :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 Bamamcall

Bamamcall
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2007 - 01:46 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try it.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 25 December 2007 - 02:22 AM

You can download it here.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 jase07

jase07

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2007 - 05:23 AM

in WIndows XP you can unzip zip files using the explorer alone. :thumbsup:

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2007 - 10:00 AM

One thing to bear in mind is that some ISPs and some E-mail providers will not allow zipped attachments, because of the threat of malware, to pass through. You may need to send the files in multiple E-mails.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#7 Bamamcall

Bamamcall
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2007 - 01:08 PM

it is a audio file so I don't know how to beak it up or for that matter break up any kind of file. Is there a program for that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users