Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bios Not Finding No Drives

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dave's

Dave's

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 25 December 2007 - 12:00 AM

:thumbsup: changed hard drives & had to change cd-rom now when i try to reinstall win. xp my bios won't find any drives won't start the cd-rom wont even find it. the comp. is a hp pavilon xg922 real lost just want something for my grandson to work any help ?? thanx, Dave

Edited by Dave's, 25 December 2007 - 12:02 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 25 December 2007 - 12:04 AM

Hey Dave's.

Double check the jumper settings on your dives as well as ensuring that all cables are snug and secure.

#3 Dave's

Dave's
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 25 December 2007 - 06:10 AM

:thumbsup: i did that the cd-rom lites like it want's to start but still the bios wont show it so i can reinstall os. all i get is after the splash screen is a dark purple screen the hard drives are running i can feel them or it will tell me no os installed replace disc & hit any key .

#4 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 25 December 2007 - 12:33 PM

Check the jumpers as Andrew says. Sounds like they are not jumpered right
Check cables as well.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 25 December 2007 - 01:10 PM

Depending on the age of the motherboard, the BIOS does not necessarily autodetect all drives (this computer I'm on now won't).

In which case, one must enter the BIOS and hit the key that triggers redetection of all drives (F3 in my case).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users