Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Restore Program Files?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Dar Bako_*

Guest_Dar Bako_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 24 December 2007 - 10:16 AM

Hi BC world
Can anyone help me to restore some files following crash. PC Angel a built in wonder! got my PC up and running again but there are my pictures i would like to get back. they are there I have seen them after searching for them. I just don't now how thanks if you can help :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2007 - 10:28 AM

You say you can see these picture files you want to recover, so I'm not sure what the problem is? Where can you "see them" and what exactly is the problem you are experiencing?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Guest_Dar Bako_*

Guest_Dar Bako_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 24 December 2007 - 11:23 AM

Hi Budapest
They are in here some ware C:\ My old Disk structure. I found them using, start /search. it lists twelve files, I would like to be able to use there functions as I did before. perhaps I should not have said I have them I meant the files sorry. :thumbsup:

Edited by Dar Bako, 24 December 2007 - 08:19 PM.

#4 Guest_Dar Bako_*

Guest_Dar Bako_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 26 December 2007 - 09:00 PM

Hello BC. Friends
Do any of you now how PC Angel works ,In simple terms? my local "PC" store experts don't. Thats were it came from. I now its a good addition to any PC. How do I restore some things it said I could? please advise.

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 26 December 2007 - 11:02 PM

Hello BC. Friends
Do any of you now how PC Angel works ,In simple terms? my local "PC" store experts don't. Thats were it came from. I now its a good addition to any PC. How do I restore some things it said I could? please advise.

Reading a description from their website
,PC Angel is suppose to take a 5 second snapshot of the registry everytime the computer boots up. So I'm sure somewhere in the program's interface there should be some sort of restore option
I'm not familiar with the program, I don't know if it also backs up files and folders
http://pcangelsolutions.com/index.htm
http://www.pcangelle.com/
Mark
Here's their FAQ's page
http://pcangelsolutions.com/general.htm
Reading the site all little more they only offer support for retailers and system builders, not the end user. I'd be talking to the person who you bought it from. It's pretty sad if they sell something they cannot support

Edited by garmanma, 26 December 2007 - 11:12 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 Guest_Dar Bako_*

Guest_Dar Bako_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 December 2007 - 09:02 AM

Hi garmanna
Tanks for taking the time to help, I will be in contact with th :thumbsup: em.

#7 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:09 PM

LoL... Yes it is I Dar Bako AKA /The weatherman,

This is a turn up for me to, (why did I call myself that... its a long story). Being a little bit more knowledgeable than I was then I today tried to see if I could find the missing photos, I downloaded some NTFS recovery program on the machine in question, I always new the pics were there somewhere like garmanma said hiding behind a partition. Sure enough I eventually saw a list of what I can only presume to be what is on that partition and possibly more (I've used pc angel more than once on that machine) After scrolling down what seem to be endless lines of items, I saw hundreds of JPEG Image lines, amusing to be my photo's. Indeed they are but I just don't know how to retrieve them, all I was able to do was right click and show a preview and all I could see was a small preview with what appeared to be a water mark on them.

Please help me out here,

Regards,

The weatherman

#8 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:52 PM

:flowers:

but there are my pictures i would like to get back. they are there I have seen them after searching for them.

f they show up in Windows Search, you could try this little Trick? Screenshot below of just a Random group of Files found by Windows Search with one Highlighted. Once highlighted click on File, up the top and select "Send to", then My Documents. Afterwards look in My Documents for it?

Hope it works for you, Mate.

Posted Image

:thumbsup:

#9 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 December 2009 - 06:18 PM

Thanks Abacus 7,

If only it were that simple. PC angel restores your machine to an as it was delivered state no disks were given when the machine was purchased, but you get to create one and one only when you start the machine up.I couldn't find it after such a long time so I restored it using PC angel by tapping F10. to put in in my simple terms I just don't know how to get in the partition it left behind. It did create something called my old disk structure, which I have looked through several times but found nothing relating to my photos until today.

#10 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2009 - 06:22 PM

I've had success recovering files with this software:

http://www.piriform.com/recuva
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#11 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 December 2009 - 06:25 PM

:flowers:

It was a long shot, but worth bringing up, Just in case?

Can you find it, by Windows, if making ALL Hidden Files visable?

Maybe if you can find the File Extentions it will Help?

:thumbsup:

#12 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:59 AM

:thumbsup: Hey Budapest thank you so much for the link it worked like a charm, It found thousands of images. it took me over three hours to go through them all it's amazing what's stored away. I eventually found over 600 photos I thought were gone for good.

I'm off to the optician, I think I need spectacles after all that. :inlove:

Thanks Budapest. :trumpet: and to whoever created the software. :flowers:

Thank you to Abacus 7. :cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users