Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Series Of Unfortunate Events

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 die_comp

die_comp

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 23 December 2007 - 09:34 PM

MY first posts is already a big problem ^__^

While tinkering in the Ctrl+Alt+Del
I accidentally ended the process Svchost.exe
It resulted in the modem failing for 5 mins or less
I found a fix from PCHELL I did what it said
and hooray it fixed my disconnection problem BUT it resulted in another problem
My sounds suddenly stopped so I searched again
I saw a lot of fixes but this is the closest i found also from PCHELL
and also saw that a lot of My Window Services where on Automatic Startup Type BUT are NOT running
I tried PCHELL's fix but to no avail I get an error

"General Tab"

Could not start the Windows Audio service on Local Computer
Error 1083: The Executable Program that this server is configured to run in does not implement the service

"Dependencies Tab"

Win32 : The Executable program that this service is configured to run in does not implement the service.

its a shame that I didn't get to export the list of my Services List... its all gibberish in a .txt

pls. help and THNKS :thumbsup: and Merry Christmas in advance ^___^ my post's time

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,866 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 24 December 2007 - 08:41 AM

Services can be on Autostart and not necessarily be running. They can be manually stopped...in which case they continue to reflect Autostart but they will not be running.

I just checked my system. System Restore is one that reflects Autostart, but I have put the hammer down on it :thumbsup: and it is not running.

It would probably help if you tell us just what services you are concerned about that reflect this situation. "A lot" leaves much to individual imaginations.

Louis

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,042 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 24 December 2007 - 11:56 AM

If you go to Device Manager (right click on My Computer> Manage> Device Manager) and go down the list to Sound, video and game controllers and click on the little square box with a + inside of it do you see any yellow question marks or yellow triangles with a exclamation marks?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users