Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Zone Alarm Upgrades?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 25 February 2005 - 10:13 PM

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with this. I was using a 30 day trial ZA Pro and have been receiving a message that there is a new version available. When I went to see what I already had I found that I had two versions. A ZA and a ZA Pro Trial. I thought that there might be some problem in downloading the new version with two different versions on my computer so I deleted what I thought was the ZA version and thinking I was keeping the Trial ZA Pro. I found out to my disappointment that I deleted the ZA Pro Trial version. Then I had a clever idea to do a Systems Restore to get the ZA Pro Trial back. Well that's what I thought. After I restored I did get what seemed to be the Pro version but the control center was empty! When I tried to bring up the control center all that would come up was the frame of the center without anything in it, just blank, no tabs or anything, no content. So I had no way to get the update from there. Not wanting to wait for the next ZA prompt to upgrade I then thought it best to uninstall the Pro version again. OK, that should do it, then just upgrade from the Free version. So I thought. Now what happened next is that the free version when I go to upgrade off it say that it can't determine my currently installed version and therefore can not upgrade. And on top of all that ZA stopped prompting for the upgrade. Ahhh!!! So anyone that might be able to help me regain my composure by explaining to me what I might do next to straighten this out and upgrade, I'd appreciate that. Thank you.

Sincerely,

John :thumbsup:
John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 25 February 2005 - 11:47 PM

You need to completely uninstall Zonealarm as it doesn't uninstall on its own worth a bucket of...................

Well anyway have a look at this and this

Between them you can remove it completely. You should be aware that an improper uninstall can lock you out of the internet by blocking your browsers so follow the instructions carefully.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users