Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

trouble installing video card

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 angelprincess

angelprincess

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 25 February 2005 - 09:27 PM

Ok I just got a new video card for my computer. However I cannot get my computer to run with it. It is a ATI radeon 9200 SE 128mb AGP. I tried to install it as per the directions, and the computer would not start up correctly. The instructions said something about disabling the on board graphics through bios, but my bios does not seem to have a way to shut off the on board graphics, how else can i disable them so the computer will start up with the new video card? here are my specs

The motherboard is an ASUS MEB-VM rev. 1.01

Operating system Windows XP service pack 2 build 2600

BIOS is Phoenix 1.01 12/3/1998

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HuckerJ

HuckerJ

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 27 February 2005 - 07:02 PM

I don't think your card and motherboard are compatible. :thumbsup: The card's speed is backwards compatible, but the voltage is not. I suppose if this is the case, you'll have to get a new motherboard or older graphics card. You don't need to turn off the onboard graphics; just plug your monitor into the card instead of the onboard adapter.

AGP Compatibility Guide
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary notation, and those who do not.
Posted Image - It plays, it streams, it kills WiMPs!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users