Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help (.dll File Missing)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 zulu7

zulu7

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 23 December 2007 - 02:51 PM

I need to find this file for my computer: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ahcadohx.dll

Can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 23 December 2007 - 03:44 PM

Hi zulu7

There is no record of this file in our databases, or through a google search. Do you know what program this file is associated with? If it is an unknown, I would suspect a malware issue.

I suggest you upload the file to Jotti's Malware Scan and see what it tells you. Post the results here and we can go from there.

Hope this helps,
rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 23 December 2007 - 06:33 PM

That is not a valid Win98 file.
Looks like a virus or malware of some sort to me!
Have you scanned for viruses yet?
In the beginning there was the command line.

#4 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 24 December 2007 - 11:38 AM

you do not say why you beleive you need to find this file nor which version of windows you are running :thumbsup:

have you perhaps run a scan of some kind? and if so what?

#5 zulu7

zulu7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2008 - 03:27 PM

Sorry...I posted this in the wrong topic. I'm running Windows XP Home edition. I've tried RegCure, and it didn't help.

Edited by boopme, 13 February 2008 - 04:53 PM.
(move to more appropriate forum~~boopme

#6 zulu7

zulu7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2008 - 03:29 PM

I need to find this file for my computer: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ahcadohx.dll

Can anyone help?

I'm running Windows XP Home. I've tried RegCure, and the recovery CD, and still nothing.

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:48 PM

Most likely this is an error message that pops up when you first start your computer. If this is the case, then it's likely that this is a remnant of an infection that you've removed from the system.

FWIW - a google for the file shows no results other than this thread. That's a warning sign for malware infections.

To remove the error message, use this free program: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysintern...s/Autoruns.mspx
Scroll down the Image Path column until you find the path that you stated above, then remove the checkmark from the box on the left end of that line. That'll stop the error message.

If you think that you may still be infected, I'd suggest posting over in the "Am I Infected" forum: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:56 PM

Two identical posts merged together.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users