Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express Notifies Of A Number Received

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 23 December 2007 - 12:44 PM

When dialing in today I noticed that the mail scanner was clicking away and saw that 3 EM's were being delivered,

but there is only one, . . . yesterday I thought I saw nine being delivered and when one arrived I thought that maybe I was seeing things.

I believe today verified I wasn't.

Anytime is a bad time for something to go wrong with the mail, but especially now, I could really use some help !

I'll call the ISP and see what they say.

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 23 December 2007 - 12:51 PM

Re your other thread about not receiving reply notifications, it could be that your ISP is filtering out your BC e-mails. Good idea to call them. Good luck!

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 23 December 2007 - 12:57 PM

Are some of these E-mails being sent to your Spam/Junk/or Bulk email boxes?
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2007 - 01:06 PM

When you view the email header, does it have a + in front of it? If you click on the plus sign it will expand to show all. Most commonly spam/junk, but I occasionally get a regular commercial email that way also
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2007 - 01:34 PM

I am reading your post, but have called the ISP, there 24/7 technical support only serves company's,
and the regulars are off until monday, just my luck !

but I was able to get the person to tell me that it is possible an e-mail somewhere has clogged the others from getting through.

I was told that I could access internet e-mail through snip4home.net, . . . snip is my ISP, but I found nothing in the way of accessing my e-mail.

To be truthful not expecting any problems like this and not having used outlook express for years, I am not familiar with the spam routine etc. but will be checking.

What is the world coming to, I just went to OE help and quried spam, no topic found ??!!

Just returned from snip call, apparently I missed something, and was told there is a way in, I'll be looking and let you know, . . thanks

Edited by Jove, 23 December 2007 - 01:46 PM.

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#6 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2007 - 01:53 PM

I got into the web mail, at first I was misdirected to the wrong page.

But there is no mail in that box, . . so I'll review the previous post concerning why I am notified of multiple em's but only receive one ?

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#7 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2007 - 09:57 PM

Hi Kids, I just got back from the internet, and guess what I bought home for you !

Merry Christmas !!

Seriously, I think that there is a really good chance its going to snow tonight !

No really, I think that there is a really good chance that my AVG installation could be associated with this problem, since there seems to be enough problems as listed on web search pages, I haven't come across this one , but I am beginning to suspect this.

I just uninstalled it. After receiving anoth single EM, it said I was receiving four, and the notification window filled upo as if it were D/L these after etc. but just one E-M.

BIG APOLOGEE !!

I just now found out that for some starnge reason, and this has happened before, ( but years ago _Outlook Express) my mail was comming in and winding up in the middle of a large group of mail D/L'ed from when I uninstalled AOL. so it's been hiding there becausde that is where its been loading. I don't know how that happens >

Edited by Jove, 23 December 2007 - 10:25 PM.

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users