Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do You Put A Photo Or A File

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jackiemarie

jackiemarie

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 23 December 2007 - 11:47 AM

I realize it is too simple, but how do you put a photo or file in the body of the email...I do not want to send as an attachment...in hotmail and in Outlook Express.

Thank you.
jackiemarie

EAM, MBAM Pro, MB Anti-Exploit 

HP g7-1310 - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit - Intel i3 - 6 GB Ram

What you value is your reward.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,835 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 27 December 2007 - 01:13 AM

If you access your Hotmail account via their website, I don't think you can embed a photo or file. I don't use Hotmail so I can't verify that. But you can do it if you use Outlook Express to access Hotmail. In the "format" menu, make sure "rich text (html)" is checked. Then click "insert" / "picture", then click "browse" to select your photo, from where ever on your computer, you have saved the photo to be used.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 jackiemarie

jackiemarie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:37 PM

Thank you for responding.
I am able to use "insert" with Outlook Express; I thought I was missing something at hotmail, but it just isn't available. At Yahoo, it only allows attachments, but unlike hotmail, yahoo embeds the file/photo and also sends it as an attachment.
jackiemarie

EAM, MBAM Pro, MB Anti-Exploit 

HP g7-1310 - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit - Intel i3 - 6 GB Ram

What you value is your reward.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users