Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wrong Driver For Samsung Digital Camera

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 23 December 2007 - 11:00 AM

In problem reports and solutions, I am getting an error that in "Driver Software and Installation that 'Can't install driver for software"

I purchased a Samsung digital Camera that had the capability to transfer images to my Vista Ultimate computer via USB. I tried to install the software for the USB driver first but when installing a screen came up saying that the driver was "not" signed and wanted my consent to go ahead and install. I did but it did not work at all. I went in to device manager and saw that there was a yellow apostrophe next to an unknown device (most likely the Samsung Camera!) I uninstalled the device in device and all seems fine except that when I go to Control Panel to Problem Reports and Solutions I get the above error message. I check to report it and then delete it but it keeps coming back.

I can not come up with a way to delete this message. I do not have use of the USB camera transfer. How can I eliminate this message. I will just use the card reader. I am sure it has something to do with Vista's driver store but just don't know what steps to take so that I can delete this incorrect driver.

Thanks for your assistance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users