Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Various Xp Apps Wont Load?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 secretsnappa

secretsnappa

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 23 December 2007 - 07:55 AM

Hi Guys...Where to begin...my PC's problem began to manifest themselves by assorted links and buttons on various sites refusing to respond, ie, the 'fast reply button' on this site wont respond when I click on it?...My help and support app wont start up...and the system restore window loads up blank...so it seems that there is a malevolent intelligence in my PC...thwarting every attemp by myself to solve the problem!...
Spyware, adware and virus checks all come up clear...I've done a sfc scan, a chkdisc /r , and all shows as well...I've trawled thru reams of posts on BC and other sites, but to no avail..I've checked the event veiwer, but could find nothing that looked like it may be suspect....what else can I tell you?...I have installed a new wireless mouse of late...but the same symptoms occur after replacing it with a standard mouse...
I run flashpeak slimbrowser...
Boy..is my head mangled or what!...
Any assistance in this matter would be forever appreciated...

Thank You..

Edited by secretsnappa, 23 December 2007 - 08:25 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,554 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 23 December 2007 - 10:49 AM

How about checking for malware (AV scan and malware scans)?

Check Event Viewer for clues?

Louis

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 23 December 2007 - 11:53 AM

Have you run your scans in safe mode? Safe mode is a diagnostic mode with a minimum of applications running which makes it ideal for looking for these nasties.

I'm going to get a moderator to move this to the proper form where the experts can lend a hand.

Louis, you are skimming through post again, he did mention having looked in the event viewer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 secretsnappa

secretsnappa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 23 December 2007 - 04:54 PM

hi DC3...I ran three scans in 'safe' mode as you suggested...spybot, adaware and a thorough scan with Avast 4.7 home edition..the last scan took five hours to complete..and I even studied the Event Viewer for 'clues', but found nothing to warrant further attention...I dont know if this is significant...but, through being a moderator on an ips board similar to this one a few other strange effects are happening...ie..when I click on the 'split post' boxes at the side of posts, as if to split, it takes me to the top of that page?...the 'fast reply button' doesn’t respond?....obviously your Mods will know what I'm talking about!...also, I dont get offered the option of a 'quick edit' after clicking the 'edit button...these are newly discovered problems in addition to the ones I've already mentioned

Regards...

Edited by secretsnappa, 23 December 2007 - 04:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users