Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Loading Opperating System

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 rydah

rydah

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 23 December 2007 - 05:35 AM

my sony vaio pcg-k115b doesnt work!when i turn it on i get a black screen and in the corney it says: 'Operating System Not Found'!iv tried the F2 buton but it hasnt helped!What do i do?can someone help me please

Edited by rydah, 23 December 2007 - 06:20 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 23 December 2007 - 06:21 AM

Hello rydah and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

See the following article for some information that may be a help:

10 things you can do when Windows XP won't boot
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 rydah

rydah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2007 - 06:41 AM

Hello Budapest. Thanks for the hlp but i cant do anything with my laptop! the only thing i can do is press the F2 key! is there anything else i can do?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 23 December 2007 - 06:52 AM

Do you have an XP CD?

If so, you can try using some of the tools available on it.

I would try going to the Recovery Console and running the chkdsk /r command as a first step.

Louis

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2007 - 07:01 AM

Some VAIO computers came with a Hard Disk Drive Recovery (HDDR) system, otherwise it should have come with recovery disks.

There is more information on the Sony website here.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#6 rydah

rydah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2007 - 12:57 PM

Im not sure if i have the CD..i'll have to look for it!i mess up all my laptops!lol

#7 rydah

rydah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2007 - 12:59 PM

how to i get to the hard disk recovery thing?because the only thing i can do is press F2

#8 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2007 - 01:08 PM

I looked into it a little and I think you're going to need the recovery disks. I would contact Sony for a new set of disks. Normally they shouldn't charge you very much for a new set.

Is there any important data on your hard drive? The reason I ask is that if you use the recovery disks it will likely wipe everything off the disk and return it to a "factory state".

The other option is to see of you can borrow a Microsoft XP CD from someone. If you have that CD there are other options that we can try.

What happens when you press F2?

—George Bernard Shaw

#9 rydah

rydah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2007 - 06:52 AM

I have lost the recovery disk but i can probably get hol of a Microsoft XP CD from somebody. wen i press F2 it takes me to options wer i can change my computer settings n i can boot my computer!i tried it but it didnt make a difference

#10 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2007 - 07:30 AM

If you get hold of an XP CD then you can start by running chkdsk from the Recovery Console.

—George Bernard Shaw

#11 rydah

rydah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2007 - 06:13 PM

iv found the recovery CD nd i put it to factory setings but now everytime the laptop is on the loading screen it freezes and i have to off it from the power button

#12 SUPERIOR

SUPERIOR

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2007 - 07:31 AM

to my info, this error indicates either your HDD corruprted, your laptop can't recognize it for some reason,.... or some thing like
you should look at bios to see if your HD is detected by bios, then I suggest to use either XP CD or LiveCD ( I prefer using Partition magic if that's possible)
or any tool to diagnose you hard

#13 SUPERIOR

SUPERIOR

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2007 - 12:22 PM

BTW, have you tried ERD command , it would help you both for hard and SYSTEM :thumbsup:

Edited by SUPERIOR, 25 December 2007 - 12:24 PM.

#14 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2007 - 01:15 PM

Agree with prior post, I would look at the hard drive...assuming that you have used the recovery CDs properly, IAW instructions.

I've no experience with recovery CDS, but I assume that all drivers are automatically reloaded along with the O/S and programs. On a new recovery, then it seems that the natural suspect must be the hard drive itself.

I suggest downloading/installing a diagnostic from the hard drive manufacturer's website.

Louis

#15 rydah

rydah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2007 - 12:22 PM

whats the ERD Command?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users