Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Does The Bc Search Work ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 23 December 2007 - 03:45 AM

I searched the word Belkin, a minute ago because I knew I saw it somewhere in the forums today, but it did not pick it up.

Is there a special way to use this ?
I have noticed occasionally it ask to search this forum only, other times it does not ask.

It also seems to me there is a key word search at the bottom of the pages in forums if I am not mistaken, . .isn't there ?

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 23 December 2007 - 04:21 AM

If you want to search topics, from the Search dialog, click straight to More Search Options, enter the keyword and select Search titles only. Restrict the date of the search for faster results.

Going back 30 days on "belkin" finds two topics, "Belkin Easy Transfer Cable Won't Work" and "Belkin Network Adapter"

Are either of these the one you are after?

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 23 December 2007 - 06:14 AM

I was saying I saw it today and yes I found it in External Hardware, ( I havent read it yet ) About the regular little search box, . . I just found out that if you are in the forum page before entering a forum does not ask you to search this forum only.

But it apparently wont pick up a topic key word. so ok the next time I'll do that .

Mercee Bookoo !

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users