Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disk Cleanup For (e:)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 23 December 2007 - 03:02 AM

I am using an external HD enclosure and started to run Disk Cleanup, the following message box occured;

Posted Image

My question is when I decided to search for these files, (Chkdsk Files) the results seem far from what Disk Cleanup found, . . (concerning the 12 KB Vs. 158 KB), . . . Am I missing something or is this one of those computer calculations programs that are usually eroneously wrong.

If you care to comment on the other two other files after the recycle bin fantastic, but one last question what is a recycle bin doing in my Ex-HD ?

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2007 - 07:12 AM

You don't actually "search" for chkdsk files. Chkdsk is a disk utility that is used to check the physical properties of the hard drive disk.

For a complete understanding of what chkdsk can do, go to Start>Run and type in cmd and hit Return. Then type in chkdsk /? and a list of all chkdsk commands will be displayed.

As far as a Recycle Bin in your E: drive. Yes, Windows puts one in each drive.

DR

#3 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2007 - 11:09 PM

Thank you, I suspected that slightly but since I could not see it anywhere I did not know for sure.

I was having a problem formatting this HD, and I was not able to install Re-install windows on it, since it was having some file and driver corruption problems, I was going to wipe it, but then got the idea to put it into an external enclosure and make some use out of it since I have a CD-ROM on this computer that I can not send , copy or save to.

So, I deleted everything on it what you see here is all that was left, but it is invisible as far as I know I can't see any signs of this.

I did click on the Chkdsk from search and it went into an active search mode. I for some reason wondered if there were actually some files that might be part of this since it seems to be so large.

THKS Much.

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 24 December 2007 - 02:06 AM

Jove, you have this topic in two different places which is making it hard to keep up with. It would be a lot easier if you kept the common topics in a single thread.

Did you wipe this hdd, if so what did you use? How are you going about trying to format the hdd?

I'm a little confused about your reference to the CD-ROM not being able to save to. A optical drive can not store data in any case, and ROM means Read Only Memory.

Edited by dc3, 24 December 2007 - 05:29 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users