Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pictures Help Needed! Big Spots On Them

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 piti80

piti80

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 23 December 2007 - 12:17 AM

when I try to copy my pictures into the only compuer I have with Vista, they look like in the attachment. they get a line across the picture and the color from the line down is all changed. I have tried several flash cards and all the pics look good in my other 3 windows xp computers. its just this one doing it.

any suggestions will be really helpful thank you

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 piti80

piti80
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2007 - 06:13 AM

am I in the right section or no one knows about this issue?

#3 Platypus

Platypus

• 12,867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 26 December 2007 - 06:20 AM

I don't think I've seen it before. Have you tried using different image formats to see if it's related to one particular one?

That is, if you copy the same image as a .JPG, a .TIF and a .BMP, will all three files show the problem on that computer?

Edited by Platypus, 26 December 2007 - 06:21 AM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#4 piti80

piti80
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:44 PM

I don't think I've seen it before. Have you tried using different image formats to see if it's related to one particular one?

That is, if you copy the same image as a .JPG, a .TIF and a .BMP, will all three files show the problem on that computer?

you were right only the jpg extension is doing it. but why?

Edited by piti80, 30 December 2007 - 11:55 PM.

#5 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:51 PM

It strikes me as being a memory issue of some kind. I couldn't say beyond that, though.

You might try posting about this in the Graphics Design and Photo Editing forum.

#6 piti80

piti80
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:39 PM

This is another example for the graphic design guys. and if you guys can move this thread there with the included attachments it will be great, because I can't attach over there!!! thanks

Attached Files

• Attached File  101.JPG   121.03KB   10 downloads

#7 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:13 PM

Hello

I have had the same problem with pictures, it happened to me because the files were corrupted.
Can you try and copy them of the device again?
Regards,

Alan.

#8 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:13 PM

what actual software opens up in the vista computer when you click on the jpg's?
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#9 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:01 AM

This is another example for the graphic design guys. and if you guys can move this thread there with the included attachments it will be great, because I can't attach over there!!! thanks

Doesn't appear as though any mods have read this thread. I suggest you PM one and ask to have the thread moved.

#10 piti80

piti80
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:36 AM

Hello

I have had the same problem with pictures, it happened to me because the files were corrupted.
Can you try and copy them of the device again?

the file is fine, because the very same file in the same sd card looks fine in any of my other computers. I have tried many cards, cds, and it always happens but not always with the same pictures. lets say I copy 10 pictures and look at them in and pic number 3 and 6 will look bad. now if i erase them i copy them again then it could be pic number 1 and 4, this was just an example. but no matter from were I copy the pictures or which pictures some are always messed up. and only woth the jpg extension.

#11 piti80

piti80
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:39 AM

what actual software opens up in the vista computer when you click on the jpg's?

I dont think that matters, because even when I upload them to myspace or something, they upload like that, but like I said only from his computer. same pic, in same card, in other computer looks just fine.

#12 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:57 AM

I dont think that matters,

please answer the question, if some program broke your jpg it would be nice to know which one?

we are all just stabbing in the dark, but to ask for help, then dismiss possibilities is going to drastically diminish your chances of solving the problem
Chewy

#13 piti80

piti80
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:10 AM

I dont think that matters,

please answer the question, if some program broke your jpg it would be nice to know which one?

we are all just stabbing in the dark, but to ask for help, then dismiss possibilities is going to drastically diminish your chances of solving the problem

The program is Windows Photo Gallery, I just tried Paint and Picassa and Photoshop cs2 and is the same story.

And sorry, im really just learning how to behave in this forums!!!

Edited by piti80, 10 January 2008 - 01:16 AM.

#14 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:31 AM

I maybe on a wild goose chase here, but I wonder if picaso might have had a hand in this

would you test transfering some jpegs to a usb drive and then to the vista computer, maybe your card reader is just bad?

weird problem
Chewy

#15 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 10 January 2008 - 07:28 AM

I would tend to agree with Chew! As I see it, there are 4 main factors in copying files from you camera:

1) the camera itself
2) the memory card
3) the software and or driver to talk to the camera and computer
4) the software on the computer to open/view the images

1) As far as you know and have indicated here, your camera takes pictures fine and you can view the images on it, so not the camera's fault.
2) It would also appear that your memory card isn't to blame either, as you have tried numerous cards.
3) High possibility that somewhere along the line, the software/driver has missing elements or become corrupt, I would uninstall and reinstall.
4) Again, high possibility that this is causing your images to be doing what there doing, remove, and use a Windows' own photo viewing application.

Personally I would change the software you are using to open the pictures, I would let Microsoft's picture viewer open them, rather than a 3rd party application.
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users