Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Cant Open Sony Vegas 8.0!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Matt B

Matt B

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 23 December 2007 - 12:15 AM

I really need help with this, its killing me...

Every time I try to load up Sony Vegas 8.0, I get the following warning message:

--------------------
Internet Explorer Script Error

Line 9

Char 1

Error: Automation server can't create object.

Code 0

File: "C/ Documents and Settings / Me / Local%20Settings / Temp / udat / upsell.htm

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? (Yes / No)
----------------------------

Whatever button I click, the program never loads up. This could be a Java error, but my Java is updated. I'm running Windows XP SP2 with the latest updates. I've tried rebooting/reinstalling/deleting old Sony registry stuff. I've tried searching Google extensively.

Somebody suggested to make a new shortcut for Vegas and edit some command parameters. If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know as well.

Thank you,

Matt

Edited by Matt B, 23 December 2007 - 12:19 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 23 December 2007 - 12:38 AM

:thumbsup:-->
QUOTE(Matt B @ Dec 22 2007, 10:15 PM) View Post
Somebody suggested to make a new shortcut for Vegas and edit some command parameters. If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know as well.[/quote]

I can help you set up the command parameters, but only if you know exactly which ones you're to use. As for the rest, you'll definitely need far more expertise than I can offer.

#3 Matt B

Matt B
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2007 - 01:08 AM

Thanks Dialer,

Here are the strings somebody else found:

DEVSPIKE
NETRENDER
XMLMESSAGE
NOTIFYWINDOW
SEC
TIMEFORMAT
TIMESELECT
SOLOTRACK
OPENPROJ
CMDMODULE
QUESCRIPT
SCRIPTARGS
RUNSCRIPT
SCRIPT
RENDERAS
SAVEAS
EXIT
OPEN
REGSERVER
LOGO
NOLOGO
NOWINDOW

I'm pretty sure I have to change NOTIFYWINDOW to "-NOTIFYWINDOW 0" because that's where the ads/promos come in before the splash screen. But I'm not sure how.

Edited by Matt B, 23 December 2007 - 01:08 AM.

#4 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2007 - 10:46 AM

I'm pretty sure I have to change NOTIFYWINDOW to "-NOTIFYWINDOW 0" because that's where the ads/promos come in before the splash screen. But I'm not sure how.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but using that particular switch looks as though you're trying to bypass the nag screen of trialware. If so, I'm afraid I can't help, because that would be breaking one of the rules of Bleeping Computer:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user.

Either way, you'll probably get better support at the Sony forums, rather than here.
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/support/default.asp

[Edited to add link.]

Edited by Dialer, 23 December 2007 - 11:21 AM.

#5 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 23 December 2007 - 11:38 AM

Matt B,

Dialer is correct. BC cannot help in circumventing such measures.

Please follow the advice for obtaining help on the Sony Support Forums.

Try going to here and addressing your questions.

I'm sorry we cannot provide help otherwise.

Edited by KoanYorel, 23 December 2007 - 12:37 PM.

The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#6 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2007 - 01:44 PM

Hi Matt B,

This thread has been reopened, so I strongly recommend continuing the discussion here, rather than by PM. That way other members who know far more than I do might be able to help, and other folks having a similar problem with this app might find assistance here, as well.

I still believe that your best bet is to use the Sony forums for support if you're not getting anywhere with their tech support. For example, I found one thread there that might or might not address your particular issue, but the peer support seems to be pretty effective in general.

Failing that, why don't you post here what you said to me in your last PM about possible problems and solutions?

#7 Matt B

Matt B
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2007 - 02:44 PM

I noticed that you closed my thread about not being able to get into Sony Vegas.

I legitimately bought Sony Vegas 8.0 Pro a couple weeks ago. If you want to see a picture of my receipt, I'll do so. Sony isn't helping me, and I only have Google for now.

Anyway,

I think something in Automatic Updates did it, so I've tried a System Restore. Then reinstall. No luck.

I still want to try the command parameter thing, before reformatting my drive as a last resort. If anyone knows how to do it, please tell me. Thanks for the help so far Dialer, but Sony's forums have nothing at all. I've contacted customer service by phone/email with no luck.

Sigh...I have a couple of projects due soon. =\

Edited by Matt B, 23 December 2007 - 02:48 PM.

#8 Matt B

Matt B
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2007 - 03:17 PM

Here's a picture:

Posted Image

Hope this helps

#9 Matt B

Matt B
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2007 - 03:44 PM

Anyone? Please?

#10 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:13 PM

what EXACTLY are you trying to apparently 'edit ',and why?

#11 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,752 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:38 PM

Since your product purchase is less than 30 days old for a product that retails for in excess of $500.00 USD. I would be tearing into sony product support. Not trying to get assistance from an online forum. Especially those who are less than familiar with the product you need help with. Your purchase according to the sonycreativesoftware.com website entitles you to 60 days of toll free technical support. I would strongly encourage you to avail yourself of that offer. See the following information:
Pro Products – Professional product users receive a free Gold Plan for 60 days of toll-free technical support following plan activation.
Professional products include ACID Pro, Sound Forge, Vegas, and CD Architect software.
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CST, Monday through Friday
Activate plan by calling 1.800.577.6642 and choosing option 1.

The above information taken from: http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/suppor...icalsupport.asp

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#12 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:39 AM

when you DO return to the board perhaps you might tell us what you are wishing to edit and why ?

#13 Matt B

Matt B
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2008 - 04:31 PM

The above information taken from: http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/suppor...icalsupport.asp

Yes, yes I know, but if you look above your post, I already tried this option. No help. I even called every tech support number possible, no help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users