Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Pro Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 s_w_f_c

s_w_f_c

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 22 December 2007 - 10:11 AM

hi, :flowers:
a friend put a copied xp pro on my desktop pc and i can not use windows update so i tryed to put windows 98 back i dont want to format cos ive got my 1st child baby pic on but win 98 keeps stopping after restart please help!!! i need them pics :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,876 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 22 December 2007 - 10:48 AM

You don't know how to burn a CD with images on it?

You have an illegal copy of XP...the wise thing to do is to move any items you want (favorites, email, pics, etc.) or burn them to some media...and then do a clean install of Win 98.

Or...you could always acquire a legitimate license for XP Pro.

Louis

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 22 December 2007 - 10:48 AM

A couple of things you can try are:

1. Boot your computer using a boot disk and copy the files off the hard drive.
2. Take the hard drive out and install it in another computer as a slave drive and then copy the files off.

Some boot disks: UBCD, UBCD4Win, Puppy Linux.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users