Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp Os Text Size

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WaynCharl

WaynCharl

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 22 December 2007 - 06:44 AM

Greetings,

I am running Windows XP/ SP2 & IE6. 1024x768, Large Fonts selected.
My O/S fonts have become very small recently, probably an size 8 or so. Try as I may I cannot increase that overall size in windows such as the Control Panel category page.
Changing the font sizes on web site pages or any other pages displayed seems simple enough and I have done that, however, the basic Windows O/S pages are way too small.
I have tried rt.clicking my Desktop/Properties/Appearance/Advanced/Windows Text, but when I click on Windows Text the selection area s for fonts and size do not appear.
I have customized all other fonts in the categories that appear in the drop down menu, but I just cannot increase the sixe of my font in windowssuch as the Control Panel window.

Suggestions...cures???
WayneCharl

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Cyb3r_Ninj@

Cyb3r_Ninj@

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 26 December 2007 - 07:49 PM

Have you tried playing with the Advanced settings of the Appearance tab in the Display Properties applet?

Start >> Control Panel >> Display Properties >> Appearance tab >> click Advanced

There are two radio buttons to the right of the Windows and Buttons | Color Scheme | Font Size pull down menus. That is where you can customize the font settings, colors, and border sizes for all windows, dialog boxes, etc. You can customize your windows to your liking and change font colors, sizes, etc.
Bill Gates recognizes the skills... so i suggest you start there and recognize them too...
:: digital.ronin ::

| MCP - ID 5646435, other certifications pending... |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users