Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp System Error

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 tk_07

tk_07

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 22 December 2007 - 02:42 AM

Hello,

I am a new user & this is my first post.

I am getting system error in event viewer whenever I starts pc.

Detail:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7005
Date: 22/12/2007
Time: 11:25:51
User: N/A
Computer:
Description:

The LoadUserProfile call failed with the following error:
Incorrect function.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Thanks,

waiting for reply.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 blacklotus

blacklotus

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 22 December 2007 - 02:55 AM

Hello and welcome :thumbsup:

First off, it's sort of a common issue in windows, to varying degrees. It sounds to me like your profile may be corrupted (there's that nasty C-word). However, a vital piece of information is needed before it can be considered badly damaged:

Can you log into your normal user name at all? Or does it say your profile could not be loaded, and it is logging you in with a 'default profile'? If you can't log into your normal user name, check out this link: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318011 for a how-to on how to log into safe mode, use the administrator account to create a new account, then copy your files and icons over.

If you can log into windows on your normal user name, what else seems to be going on? Any other errors or errors on screen that you can provide?

Also, do you have and run any anti virus and anti spyware software? These can often conribute to these sorts of issues.

#3 tk_07

tk_07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2007 - 03:18 AM

thanks blacklotus for reply.

Yes, I can log in my user normally. I am not getting any screen messages on startup.

I am just seeing this message in event viewer in system part whenever system starts but secong forgot to mention is I am also getting error messages consistantly in application part of event viewer,

Detail :

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1500
Date: 22/12/2007
Time: 11:25:34
User: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
Computer:
Description:
Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded. Check that you are connected to the network, or that your network is functioning correctly. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.

DETAIL - Incorrect function.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I had changed my AV from Avast to Nod32 befor a week.

It may be due to this, because I am getting this messages after changing my AV.

I had also download UPHclean utility form Microsoft site, but messages are still coming.

Thanks.

#4 blacklotus

blacklotus

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2007 - 03:37 AM

Hmm, kind of sounds like your computer is trying to log into a domain. Is this a work computer, or a home computer? If it's a home computer, try this: Go to start, right click my computer, click properties, then click the 'computer name' tab. At the bottom, click Change. Make sure "Workgroup" is selected. if it's not select itm and set the workgroup name to your home network name if you have a network going, or just set it to "Workgroup".

Good luck =)

#5 tk_07

tk_07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2007 - 06:46 AM

Hi,

Computer name shows 'my name' as full computer name & 'WORKGROUP' as workgroup, I had changed my computer name as you mentioned, but nothing changed.

Is the problem because of some of the services are I had disabled from service manager?

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 22 December 2007 - 07:17 AM

Since you can log on to your profile and are getting those messages, there should be an "Information" message later on that reports a successful login.

I'd suggest creating a new profile and seeing if it generates the same error messages.

If not, then use this link to copy your old profile to the new one: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151

If it does have the same errors, then further troubleshooting of the system would be called for.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 tk_07

tk_07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2007 - 11:53 PM

Hi,

I have created new profile but the error messages are still coming as in the old profile.

Thanks.

#8 CTH_Tom

CTH_Tom

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2007 - 12:11 AM

Creating a new profile won't make this go away as advised. Look at these 2 MSKB articles. One says to ignore this as it doesn't present a problem. The other explains Sysprep which wasn't properly removed from your system and is why your getting this message.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314940
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302577
X

#9 tk_07

tk_07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2007 - 02:06 AM

Hello,

I have checked those two articles. I had not used Sysprep tool, and I am getting these messages just from last 10-12 days, after changing my AV because of the virus has corrupted my AV & my boot up files, than I had to format my one drive.

But thanks to all of you for the reply & since I am not getting any on screen error messages I am happy enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users