Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FireFox 1.0.1 released

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Daisuke

Daisuke

Cleaner on Duty

• Members
  • 5,575 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 25 February 2005 - 01:29 PM

FireFox 1.0.1 released yesterday

What's new in Firefox 1.0.1 - unofficial Firefox 1.0.1 changelog.

Mozilla Firefox 1.0.1 has just been released. A minor update, this version fixes a few security holes and some other bugs. If you're using Firefox 1.0, you want this release. The Firefox Release Notes have also been updated and The Burning Edge has an unofficial Firefox 1.0.1 changelog. Download links can be found on the official Firefox product page. You can also check the full article for some BitTorrent links.]

Everyday is virus day. Do you know where your recovery CDs are ?
Did you create them yet ?

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2005 - 07:22 PM

This releases fixes several major security problems, so it is important to update.
Regards,
John

Edit: Users of the Mozilla suit will have to wait a few more days until the new release is ready.

Edited by jgweed, 02 March 2005 - 07:54 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 01 March 2005 - 02:18 PM

Hmm I can't get the update and I keep trying over and over. I check for updates and it doesn't work, says no updates available. My version shows it is 1.0. Does this mean I have to reinstall Firefox?

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#4 WhyBeNormal

WhyBeNormal

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2005 - 09:54 PM

Hmm I can't get the update and I keep trying over and over. I check for updates and it doesn't work, says no updates available. My version shows it is 1.0. Does this mean I have to reinstall Firefox?

Are you checking by going to Tools > Options > Advanced and then clicking "Check Now?" If so, then the reason it's telling you that there are no updates available is that Mozilla.org has yet to turn on the auto-update. They will turn it on in about a week.

If you decide you don't want to wait, you can download Fx 1.0.1 manually. Here's mozillaZine.org's Firefox 1.0.1 Installation Guidelines.

Edited by WhyBeNormal, 01 March 2005 - 09:57 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 01 March 2005 - 10:17 PM

WhyBeNormal! Thank you so much for your reply. You found me in this ongoing topic and I was buried also. LOL :thumbsup: I think I will live on the wild side and wait til next week. Thankya much.

EDIT~ Well a well. Just now I notice a small white square with a red circle in the right corner of my Firefox> I scroll over it and low and behold it is a notice for my critical update in FF. *WOOT* :flowers: YAY! Now I don't have to wait.

Edited by Pandy, 01 March 2005 - 11:28 PM.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#6 WhyBeNormal

WhyBeNormal

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2005 - 11:21 AM

EDIT~ Well a well. Just now I notice a small white square with a red circle in the right corner of my Firefox> I scroll over it and low and behold it is a notice for my critical update in FF. *WOOT* :thumbsup: YAY! Now I don't have to wait.

I just noticed that too. It seems Mozilla.org has finished waiting. :flowers:

Edited to add: I just read here that the auto-update for Mac & Linux isn't ready yet. Mac and Linux users will have to wait or manually update from mozilla.org. Remeber to use mozillaZine.org's Firefox 1.0.1 Installation Guidelines if you choose to manually update.

Edited by WhyBeNormal, 02 March 2005 - 03:06 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users