Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Saving My Raid Drive

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thebeerpope

thebeerpope

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 21 December 2007 - 11:45 PM

I just upgraded my computer, new motherboard, new processer. ect ect. I had a set of striped raid drives that i used on my old computer with alot of data i dont want to lose, when i got everything set up on my new computer, i configured them as striped raid drives, and went to use it, and now it keeps asking me to format my harddrives, i dont want to do this because i will lose my data, any ideas of how to make them work agian?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew180

Andrew180

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 21 December 2007 - 11:48 PM

Hmm... im not a expert in this catagory but i might have some suggestions. the easiest thing i can think of but also the most annoying would be to put back your old drive then back it up to your new drive. this will keep all of your data. i recently updated mine but i didnt transfer my other data over.
hope this helps a little :thumbsup:

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 22 December 2007 - 01:44 AM

What RAID configuration are you using, and what OS are you using?

If you are using XP you may have to reinstall it, when you take a hdd with XP from one computer and install it to a different motherboard it usually will have problem. The hard drive will have the old Plug-N-Play IDs in the registry, and a new motherboard with a different chipset will have different PNP IDS and the registry will see the old ones and the new ones and will not know which to use.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 22 December 2007 - 11:04 AM

I guess that I don't understand the bit about formatting...are you saying that you never formatted the drives you put data on? I'm dense at times and this is one of those :thumbsup:.

What is the exact message you get...and what's going on when you get it?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users