Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Can I Load Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 21 December 2007 - 11:07 PM

My outlook Express gives the message "address book failed to load please reinstall"

I tried to install at add/remove programs components but nothing happens and it still has a problem.

Is there a full download for it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 21 December 2007 - 11:59 PM

The only thing I found related to your error message deals with Windows 98 and 2000, nothing for XP.
What I found is something you can check first.

Go to program files, Outlook Express. Highlight wab address book. RIGHT click, choose properties. If read only is checked, uncheck it. Click apply. See if you can access the address book.

If you want to try downloading OE, you can find it here:

http://www.tucows.com/preview/194179

IF you have any messages in OE (inbox and folders) I suggest you back them up BEFORE installing-it's possible you could lose what is there now.

One thought I just had-while in OE in program files, will the address book open?
If it does and you have contacts in it, export the addresses as a back up measure.

In the address book:
File/Export/wab.

Give the file a name, choose where you want to save it. Your desktop is a good place.

After getting OE back to normal, you can import it back in.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 22 December 2007 - 12:03 AM.

#3 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,468 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2007 - 11:14 PM

I am using XP

I checked the WAB file it was not checked read only.

Next I attempted to download OE at tu cows....

(youre gonna love this)

I got the message "setup has detected a newer version of Internet exploreer already installed on this system... setup cannot continue"

I have IE 7

Why am I not surprised?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users