Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Browser Hyjacker by "Hackmail"?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Truck Guy

Truck Guy

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:54 PM

Opening IE6 this morning I was redirected to a webpage that said "You've been owned by Hackmail" :thumbsup:

I run AdAware Personal, Norton AV 2005, SpyBot S&D v1.3, Spyware Blaster and Webroot Spysweeper

All current versions and all updated twice a week!

.....and this hyjacker still snuck through.

Any suggestions on how to remove it? :flowers:

Mod Edit: This will be moved to a more appropriate Forum. Where it can receive the attention it deserves.

Edited by scarlett, 25 February 2005 - 01:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 25 February 2005 - 01:48 PM

:flowers: What a wicked way to start your day.

Maybe you should consider posting a Highjack This Log. This link will take you to the HJT Forum. Please read the pinned topics at the top. There you will learn all that you need to know regarding the the posting of your log. Good Luck! :thumbsup:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

Just please keep in mind that all Highjack This Team Members are volunteers. One must practice a little patience, when waiting for help. I promise you though that they will get to you as soon as they are able. :trumpet:

And above all do not attempt to work on your log yourself. And only take the advice from an official HJT Team Member.

Which will show under thier name and avatar.

Also please do not reply to your post untill you have received a reply from a Highjack This Team Member. As they are always on the lookout for zero replies. If they notice a post has been replied to. They may assume that someone is handling it already. And then I'm afraid you may get lost in the shuffle.

Edited by scarlett, 25 February 2005 - 01:53 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Truck Guy

Truck Guy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 25 February 2005 - 05:00 PM

Thanks Scarlett! :thumbsup:

I'll get a log posted ASAP and thanks for getting this to the right section.

TG :flowers:

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 25 February 2005 - 05:26 PM

YVW :thumbsup: Just glad to be of some help.

Once one of our Top Notch HJT Team Members checks out your log, things should start looking up!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users